Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI and transport of ESR and ID objects

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our basis team has installed NWDI on a separate server.

When we have this, do we need cts+ to be installed for transport of ESR and ID objects.

The basis team was saying, since we have nwdi, we donu2019t need to install cts+

We have a doubt whether nwdi can serve the purpose of cts+.

Reference doc: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0d96022-9df5-2910-90b8-8e0580e0...

i read the doc, but i could not judge if cts+ is still required when we have NWDI, to work with the transport of ESR and ID objects in PI 7.1

thanks,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NWDI can handle only JAVA object transport....however CTS+ can be used to transport both JAVA and ABAP objects.....hence to handle XI (whi has both ABAP and non-ABAP) transports CTS+ is required....you can get a clear picture of the above mentioned condition if you refer page-5 of the document you mentioned.....

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks abhishek.

>abhishek salvi wrote:

>>..hence to handle XI (whi has both ABAP and non-ABAP) transports CTS+ is required

I know for XI, we need to transport non-ABAP objects. i.e. Java objects: ESR objects and ID objects.

For XI, what are ABAP objects that we in general are required to be transported from one env to another using cts+

If the list only contains Java objects i can go with NWDI. otherwise i need to ask basis to install cts+ too.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

For XI, what are ABAP objects that we in general are required to be transported

This would mean any ABAP development that is done for XI eg.Alert category, proxies etc