cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application - not asking for User name and password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a already developed Webdynpro application.

When I run this application from NWDS, it directly opens up the screen of the application, without asking user name and password for Portal.

Basically, in other webdynpro applications, when I run them, it opens up a portal Logon page where we enter portal user id and password, and then we get the application page. But in this application it's showing the application screen directly.

Please tell me what exactly is the issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh,

Double click the application of the concerned project, click on Application Properties Tab, you will see a 'New' button

click on New button..

Select Type: predefined

click on Browse, select authentication

in value select true..

rebuild and deploy application

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Follow the below steps

set authentication to true

Clear your cache

Restart your NWDS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I have two projects created in NWDS. Proect A and Project B.

In project A, the applications are asking for User name and password,

But in Poject B, the applications are directly opening up.

Now, can you please tell me , for Project B, where is this Authentication property and how to set the value? I have not created any application, they all are already there.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shah,

check this wikki

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Java/ApplicationParametersand+Properties

ir will give the solution for u r problem

and my point of view u r calling project a is calling project b

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Open the project,

under appplications open the application yiu have created by double clicking

under the properties,

click on ADD

select authenyication and change its value to true.

Regards,

satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have checked both the application, one in Project A, and one in project B.

In both, I can't see any values under the Application Properties tab. Atleast the value should be there in Project A rigth (since it's asking for User id and password)?

If I add a property Authentication in Project B to true, it will ask for user id n password next time. But if I set the Authentication value to False, it should not ask me for user and password right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you will not find the predefined properties in the lilst initially..

they will be automatically set t o default values , and default value of authentication is ' false'.

BUt yes, once you change the property to true you must find the property in the table.

Regards,

Satya.

Edited by: Satya on Jul 27, 2009 9:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats wht I am asking here Satya,

Since in Project A, all the applications are asking for user id and password. But I can't see the value in it's Application properties tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

One probable reason for such behaviour may be, the logon method for the JCos you are using for project A may be user name and password.

and the logon method for the JCos you are using for project B may be SSO.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

There are two ways to set authentication for webDynpro application.

one is through setting Authentication Property for the Project at the time of creation in Application Properties.

second is through setting Authentication Method while creating MODEL Data Destinations ,here you can use ticket or Userid/Password for Authentication.

In your case it may be because of setting up the MODEL DATA Destination Authentication Property,that why its not showing

Authentication Property for the application.

Regards

sowmya.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi shah,

in the properties of the webdypro application,

when u r creating i wll show one option called authentificaion if u check that one iwll opt for authenticates for user name and password for the portal login page......

check that option

as u told that previously it ask for username and pwd this may be the one of the reason .

or

if the session is the same i wll not ask any usename and pwd till the session completes

let me know u need any further information

bvr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikesh

Close your NWDS .

Then open again.And run your application.At that time it asking enter user name and password

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to set authentication to true in your application for logn page to come

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aishwarya Sharma,

Where is this property?