Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Role Download in to SAP GUI Shortcut form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any possibility to download 10 roles at a time in SAP GUI Shortcut form instead of downloading in to excel or other formats.

This we require when we want to upload only specific roles in to another system from the downloaded ones.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there any possibility to download 10 roles at a time in SAP GUI Shortcut form instead of downloading in to excel or other formats.

I suspect that you mean the PFCG download format with the extension .sap when you say SAP GUI Shortcut form and from there I do not really get your question. The PFCG downloads are very portable and I actually would not know any other way to download roles.

> This we require when we want to upload only specific roles in to another system from the downloaded ones.

There's no easy way to split one role from a multi-role download. The best workaround I've seen so far is to go to a sandbox client, import the file and export the role(s) needed again.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. It means the PFCG download format with the extension .sap.

If I want to download 10 roles in .sap format, I need to do this 10 times from PFCG.

If we use the Mass download option from PFCG, we need to download those 10 roles in excel or other format with all the 10 roles data.

When we use the same excel file for uploading the same data in other system, it is asking to upload all the roles which are their in that excel file. But I want to upload only specific role which are there in that file.

Is there any option for this? Please check and advice in this.

Thanks & Regards,

KKRao.

0 Kudos

> If I want to download 10 roles in .sap format, I need to do this 10 times from PFCG.

>

> If we use the Mass download option from PFCG, we need to download those 10 roles in excel or other format with all the 10 roles data.

Mass download actually delivers the same format, an ASCII file with all role data from the relevant tables. I have never tried to open that with Excel.

There's no official way to split one role from such a file. So I'll stick with my previous solution: Use a sandbox client to upload the whole file and download the roles you want from that client.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is the procedure to upload specific role that you want.

1. Mass Download the roles as TXT file (without choosing any parameter while saving)

2. Suppose that TXT file contains roles A, B & C. While uploading you need that only A & C role should be uploaded, not role B. For this you need to open the TXT file in Notepad and remove all the lines whereever you see role name B. Also don't leave any blank line in the TXT file. Save this file after editing.

3. Now go to upload and browse the TXT file name and click OK for uploading. There you only see A & C role name for uploading.

Please let me know if you face any problem and feel free to contact me.

Thanks & Regards,

Arijit Adak

0 Kudos

> Please let me know if you face any problem

Like mutilating composite roles, loosing relations between parents and deriveds etc. or about the "no parameter"remark, loosing all special characters and ending up with #- filled menu entries.

Please be very careful with editing the download file. (I do it as well but am hesitant to advise it)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have done the way I have mentioned in my previous reply and lose no data and note that I have only worked with TXT. I can assure that it will work fine. There is no other way with which the requirement can be fulfilled.

Just a reminder, while editing be a bit careful.

Thanks & Regards,

Arijit Adak

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.