cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Enterprise Service - Input Message Enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using a standard Enterprise Service and have successfully Enhanced the Output Message (Created a Data Type Enhancement in PI), did the BADI Implementation and mapped the Outgoing Response in Outbound Processing of BADI Implementation and able to get the new added fields in the Response from the Service.

Now need to understand, how to Enhance the Input Message (have gone through the Enhancement Guide) and as I understand need to Enhance the element in Inbound Processing of BADI. I can see the enhanced Data Type which I created in ESR and then Implemented the Proxy for Data Type Enhancement, nevertheless unsure what I can do with the data type in INPUT parameter/structure. As I need to map this to another Changing type parameter to be able to validate this in Outbound Processing., although I cannot create a new parameter in the Method.

Can someone guide in steps how to do Input Message enhancement - what to do I code in Inbound Processing-Method to make that available in Outbound Processing(Need to do validation based on this field to send the response back).

Thanks

Swetank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have managed to do the same. Declared the Enhanced Input variable in public section of the class and was able to refer to the same in Outbound processing.