cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Measure Function Module Performance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can you tell me how I can measure the performance and trace the actions of a Function Module in R/3?

The function module in R/3 is run when a user calls a WebDynpro action from a WebDynpro screen within the SAP Portal.

I have tried running a trace on a user (ST05) but that only shows table actions (e.g. reads/fetch etc.). Also it does not appear in ST04 or ST03N. I would like to know how long the program actually takes to run.

Thanks.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gnther_berger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I want to measure the runtime required to run some Abap, I use SE30. However i used it only for normal Dynpro application, not WebDynpro.

The detail level of the created trace can be configured. The aggregation level should be set to "Full" or "By call" at the beginning. Disabling aggregation leads to huge trace files.

You can select which statements should be traced. If you disable an option it's runtime is not lost but add to the traced action in the next level. If for example "Open SQL" is disabled, the time used by it is added into the net time of the method, function module of subroutine. Otherwise if "Open SQL" is enabled the net time of a function module does not include SQL time. SQL time is then listed separately.

Greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Günther. I don't think that will work for tracing WebDynpro applications, but thanks for the extra info on SE30

Answers (0)