cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to restrict to special users what they can see in the Interactive Planning.

1. I want to remove some icons (such as: selection window, display dependent objects, etc), so that these users don´t see those icons. I have tried removing some values form the APO_FUNC field, but the icons are still there. How can I remove these icons?

2. Restrict the Planning Books these users can see. I have also tried removing some values form the APO_FUNC field, but the Planning Books didn´t go away. How can I hide these Planning Books and just let them see the Planning Books that I assign to them through the /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK - Assign User to Planning Book transaction?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sure about your first question.

For the second one I can give some details.

Using the transaction /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK can be used to restric the user for only one planning book (check specific book or specific view). If you assign one more planning book that would be displayed in the interactive planning book.

If you don't have any entry in transaction /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK or specific book not selected user can see the all the planning book. Hopefully you are facing the problem like userscan see all the planning books.

If you want assign more than one planning and restrict remaining planning books, create new role with below details:

authorization object C_APO_PB

activity * and

planning book - planning book names.

Mostly users not allowed to access morethan one planning book. For the rare cases roles creation is looks a way.

If you find option to restrict other than the roles creation, please share it.

Thanks,

Saravanan V

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. I want to remove some icons (such as: selection window, display dependent objects, etc), so that these users don´t see those icons. I have tried removing some values form the APO_FUNC field, but the icons are still there. How can I remove these icons?

Please try the user specific settings, might be helpful to you, /SAPAPO/SDPUSET - User Settings for Interactive Planning. but my undestanding is with BASIS help you can make the SDP94 only to display for selection profiles. i am not confident on others objects.

2. Restrict the Planning Books these users can see. I have also tried removing some values form the APO_FUNC field, but the Planning Books didn´t go away. How can I hide these Planning Books and just let them see the Planning Books that I assign to them through the /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK - Assign User to Planning Book transaction?

I still bit confused with your second question, but if it is to restrict the user to see only one planning book and aviod from other books, please use the specfic book and specfic view options in /SAPAPO/SDPPLBK - Assign User to Planning Book transaction.

Hope this information is useful to you

Yarala