cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstall NW Workplace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

After my laptop got swapped with new shell (same hard disk/memory), my local j2ee and visual admin not working anymore. so I have to reinstall NW Workplace but I can't uninstall it - got errors. my questions are:

1. Can I install NW Workplace without uninstall the old one?

2. Can I just simply delete the folder usr ? and anywhere else I need to delete?

3. Should I install the new version of Workplace 7.01 (EhP1)? do I still need to upgrade j2ee Stack 5 for Workplace 7.01?

Any advises?

Thanks, Jin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can uninstall the SAP DW using he same SAP Inst. If you are ggetting the errors, find out what errors are you facing.

1.Can I install NW Workplace without uninstall the old one?

Yes, Technically it is possible.

2. Can I just simply delete the folder usr ? and anywhere else I need to delete?

You can do that, if it allows, and if your remove this, your database will not be uninstalled.

3. Should I install the new version of Workplace 7.01 (EhP1)? do I still need to upgrade j2ee Stack 5 for Workplace 7.01?

It depends on your developments you want to carry out for 7.01 or 7.00 , If you install 7.01 ehp1 DW then your java engine will be on 7.01 why would youupgrade your java engine to 7.01 again?

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Thank you so much for your great help.

I'm doing CRM Webshop development now and later will involve EnP1 Portal development. So I guess I should install 7.01 ehp1 DW (J2ee 7.01). Is there bad side to install 7.01 ehp1 DW (J2ee 7.01)?

Any advises?

Thanks, Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes there should not be any problem with this. I think you will use the NWDI any ways to define the tracks and the developments and will use the DW's local was for testing so there should not be any problem.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Vamshi.

Answers (0)