cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock File for the MSAccess Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have done the simple scenario of inserting the values into the tables of MSAccess database using XI.

But the problem is a lock file is being created with same name as the database name with "ldb" as the extension. It is also not possible to delete this lock file. Because of this my .mdb file cannot be opened...

How to solve this issue?

regards,

Raju...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>But the problem is a lock file is being created with same name as the database name with "ldb" as the extension.

Its the propertyof MS Access, whenever the DB is a ldb file will be created.

Try this option. In Receiver adapter select Advanced-> check the option <b>Disconnect fom db after operation</b>.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reply ....

The option "Disconnect from database after processing" is already checked. But still the error remains.

I mean in the same folder where I have my .mdb file there itself the lock file is created. And I think because of this file the .mdb file cannot be opened.

regards,

Raju.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ldb file is there because your db is being accessed.

Your receiver DB channel is accesing it continuously try different options like commit after transaction etc....

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have tried all the options. But the problem still exists. And also this was not the problem with other databases then why with MSAccess?

The ldb file is having the data

"(ServerName)" "admin"

regards,

Raju...