cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question about EHP upgrade

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all, I have a general and basic question about Enhancement Pack upgrade.

We are with ECC6 and an Industry solution named Student Lifecycle Management. We want to upgrade to SLCM EHP4. As per the documentation I saw, this implies not only to update IS-PS-CA software component from 600 to 604, but also need to update the following components:

FI-CA600 to FI-CA604

EA-HR600 to EA-HR604 and

SAP-APPL600 to SAP-APPL604

Firts question, taking into account that the EHP thing is based on switching things, is it possible to update all these 4 components, but only switch on the IS-PS-CA one, leaving the other ones in 600 release?

Second question, is it necessary to test all the processes involved by EA-HR, SAP-APPL, etc after EHP update, or we can just activate and test the ones related to our industry solution?

It may be a very basic question, as I am not from Netweave and Basis area, but if some one can throw some light on it for me, I would be gratefull.

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> Firts question, taking into account that the EHP thing is based on switching things, is it possible to update all these 4 components, but only switch on the IS-PS-CA one, leaving the other ones in 600 release?

>

You should upgrade whole stack to EHP4 instead of few components. Check SAP note 1064635

> Second question, is it necessary to test all the processes involved by EA-HR, SAP-APPL, etc after EHP update, or we can just activate and test the ones related to our industry solution?

>

You can test processes related to your industry solution.

Thanks

Sunny

Dmoreira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

To clarify then, we have to apply the whole stack, but only switch the IS-PS-CA604 component...

The components such as EA-HR and SAP-APPL, and thus the business processes supported by that components, will not be affected.

Is this correct?

Diego

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

When you will upgrade your whole stack then all components will be upgraded. It means that business process under different componenet will also be affected.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)