Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll Driver - Restricting Payroll Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using Payroll (International) . Even though i have restricted P_ORGIN with infotype and personal ares. Also, payroll area is restricted in P_PCR object. but when i run the payroll driver transaction pc00_m99_calc, the user is able to execute payroll of other payroll area.

In shot, how can we restrict the user from executing the payroll area he is authorized it? I understand that something has to be done in VDSK1 of P_ORGIN. I would appreciate if someone can help me with this issue.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To restrict payroll area, set proper values in Auth Object: P_PCLX .

Authorization level (AUTHC) and Area identifier for cluster(RELID) fields can se set properly to restrict it.

Regards,

Sandip

0 Kudos

If Auth Object: P_PCLX is already maintained properly, then take authorization trace (ST01) against the action and check through which object user is getting this authorization for the particular payroll area. Also you can check the ABAP program.

Then restrict authorization acordingly.

Regards,

Sandip

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

but i believe the fields of the object AUTHC and RELID are for restricting the Edit/Read mode and access to cluster tables. The payroll area 16 and 17 in our case is reading the same cluster tables when running the payroll driver. This object did not help me in restricting it. Am i missing something?

I think i will explain once again. We have 2 roles for payroll since we have 2 payroll area. All objects are restricted according to the Infotype and personal area which it should be assigned. But only the payroll driver transaction is not working according to our restriction. If we login to the user having this role, he is able to execute payroll in both payroll area.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The RELID field provides access to different countries / areas of payroll. for example,

A2 Payroll results Argentina: Annual consolidation

AA Payroll Result Saudi Arabia

i.e if I provide access to only A2, then the user will have access to Payroll results Argentina: Annual consolidation only. Have you tried providing this access rather than *. Like this we have separate two charcater indicators for many countries.

Please check and confirm.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

We are using international payroll. not any country specific ones. We have 2 company code and thus 2 payroll area. Each company runs their payroll separately. The values inside RELID filed is PC, TX, B2, CU, L1, PC, PS, PT, RX, ZL, CA. Its not country specific. and i havent given *

right now, the user is able to execute payroll through payroll driver for any payroll area. . I tried all possible way. .but no luck.

0 Kudos

Issue is fixed. the problem was the object P_ABAP. It was having the the report SAPDBPNP which is a logical database for HR. Due to this, the authorization check was not reaching P_PCR and P_ORGIN. I removed this and it started working fine..

thanks anyway for the help..

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem ,could you please describe in details how did you solve it ?