cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM NEW CERTIFICATION PATTERN (FROM JULY 2009)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frnz;

This is to share with you all that the exam pattern is completely changed effective from 17th July 2009.

1. The minimum pass percentage is 55% now (which is earlier 70%).

2. Most importantly there is NO partial marks in the new pattern. If a question carries 2 right answers and if u answer one correct and other one is wrong; you will loose marks for the entire question.But the best part here is; if a question has 3 answers, by the side of the question they are mentioning that this question has 3 right answers and also mentioning weightage/marks for that question too.

3.To confuse too much; the questions are shuffled in new pattern. Earlier if you find 1 question in time management the next 18-20 questions will be on the same topic (TM). But now 1 question will be from TM, next from master data and next might be from PY.

4.In new pattern the questions are a bit direct but not the answers. They have given tricky answers for each question and its really mandatory to read each question & answer atleast 3-4 times as there will be much time in exam.

5.Almost entire questions are covered from THR10 1&2,THR 12 as usual and have a glance on other topics like SAP ERP, ERP empowered by HCM, Solution Manager and THR 14; as some 7-8 questions will be based on these stuffs.

And as usual there is NO negative marking in new pattern too, but 55% with no partial marks is extremely tougher than the previous 70%.

Anyways, all the very best for everyone taking the exam in new pattern.

Please let me know if any further details are needed and i will try to respond anyone ASAP.

PS - Experts/Known ppl plz advise if i am wrong anywhere.

Best,

Ramesh S.Prabu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This post just answered all my questions guess for the certification exams one really need to focus on PY, TM, Config of Master Data, Reporting and OM extensively.

Thanks Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please share some sample certification questions for HCM as I'm taking my certification on 20th of this month.

Thanks & Regards,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for sharing the info. I am new to the forum trying to post question however I am not able to to it.

I am going to write SAP HCM certification exam in August 2011 I have worked extensively on OM module in IBM however I am finding payroll management very difficult what is the pattern to study payroll management. Please help.

Edited by: Taani. H on Jun 28, 2011 7:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm have been trying to look for these books everywhere online.. I live in Sri lanka and would like to purchase them. Are there any web sights that i can use to purchase these books ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

caan anyone help me regarding new certification pattern for abap....topic wise the number of questions from each topic...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

From where should i purchase this books.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I believe these books are not available in book stalls; but am not very sure about this.Siemens/Genovate and other SAP education partners normally used to provide these books to their students.

For more information you can contact SAP Education Services India office at : +91 80 6665 5555

Ramesh S Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are there two different THR10 books? I see that yo have mentioned THR10 (1and 2) Please clarify because I have one THR10 book and wand ted to know if I need another book.

Thank you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

THR10 part 1 is for SAP Overview & Master Data configuration.

THR10 part 2 is for time management and reporting.

THR12 - earlier(Edition :2006) its one book - consisting of payroll & organizational management(OM).Now (edition: 2009) its two books.

THR12 part 1 is for Payroll

THR12 Part 2 is for OM.

Apart from this books, you need to prepare for e-learning & Solution manager.(No books are available).

Regards,

Ramesh S.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the valuable info you provided.

Well I am preparing for my certification and I saw that you mentioned THR10 1&2. What is that? I have only book for THR10. I dont see anything on it which says 1&2.

Where will find the another THR10 1&2?

What is the new version of the THR10 and THR12? I have version 2006 Q2.

Also what is the difference between Associate and Professional Exam? How do I see that while booking the course?

I am planning to take C_THR12_05.

Mayuresh

Edited by: Mayuresh Kelkar on Aug 4, 2010 1:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purnima

Solution manager is a new concept introduced in ecc 6.0 and its not covered in those 3 books.But its common for all

modules like HCM, FI, SD, MM, CO etc. So you can try for notes with any of your frnz doing such modules.

But for Management empowered by mySAP ERP & mySAP ERP HCM you can ask anyone doing the HCM course in Siemens/Genovate. Normally web-based/online training ppl will be having those materials.

If i find a soft copy anywhere for the above topics, i will keep you informed.

Best,

Ramesh S.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ramesh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purnimai;

I have few materials for solution manager and i can enclose here in this thread. But i donno how to attach files (text/doc) here. Let me know if there any options available and i can do the needful.

Best,

Ramesh S.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

You have Done a Great Job ! Im planning to do my Certification the Information u Gave really helpful thanks Please keep updating.

Thanks

Khaiser

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can either post it on the HCM Wiki or submit an Article/Blog.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Here are very important notes about Solution Manager:

Note: SM is not a standard abbreviation for Solution Manager in SAP. For my convenience i have used solution manager as SM here.

*Def: Solution Manager (SM) is a Stand alone system that communicates with the systems in various landscapes.

Its a separate, complete web application server installation that is connected to all systems in your solution landscape.These various systems are called Satellite systems.

Some important concepts in SM:

*Advantages of SM:

a.Optimize the management of your SAP Solution.

b.Ensure reliability for your SAP Solution.

c.Ensure efficient Operations.

d.Ease implementation and upgrades

e.Continuously adapt and improve your solution.

Main Purpose of SAP SM:

a.Faster implementation

b.Faster issue resolution.

c.Optimal support for operations

d.Optimal access to support

Benefits of SAP SM:

a.More reliable IT solutions

b.More leverage from IT investments

c.Faster ROI (Return On Investment)

d.Reduced cost of implementation

e.Reduced cost of operation

Components of SM:

a.Business Process Monitoring

b.System Monitoring (Central System)

c.Service Level Management

ASAP - Accelerated SAP

Its a proven, repeatable & successful approach to implement SAP Solutions across multiple industries and customer environments.

Steps in ASAP:

(Order wise)

a.Project Preparation

b.Business blueprint

c.Realization

d.Final Preparation

e.Go Live & Support

Standard roadmaps in ASAP:

a. Implementation roadmap

b.Solution management roadmap

c.Global template roadmap

d.Upgrade roadmap

e.Other roadmaps (EP & XI)

Elements of implementation roadmap:

a.Roadmap Structure

b.Viewing/Text area

c.Attachment area

Features of Blueprint:

a.Blueprint Structure

b.Business Scenarios

c.Business process grouos

d.Associated items

e.Blueprint document

Configuration Transaction:

Its to use the business blueprint structure to configure IMG objects in your development system.

Components available are:

a.Project documentation

b.Transaction assignments

c.Configuration of IMG objects

d.Development items

e.Test Cases

f.Graphics

g.Training Materials

Service Desk Features:

Features include:

a.Message handling Process

b.Customer Solution DB

c.Managing SAP notes

d.Solution Manager Diagnostics

• PS: These are genuine materials for Solution Manager.Few possible questions can be expected from the above notes.

I will update the information about SM if i get any more details.

Best,

Ramesh S.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just typed step by step about each concepts in solution manager. But it took as a single paragraph. Better copy it in a notepad/doc and try to separate each concepts.

Ramesh S.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ramesh for your nice contribution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

FYI: In the last exam held for certification; around 28 out of 80 questions are asked from payroll.Few questions are twisted and questions itself is for 4-5 lines.But nothing is taken out of syllabus!!!THR10 1&2, THR 12 will do.

Ramesh S.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

I dont really have any sample questions with me.

Some sample questions/materials are available in the rapidshare link/hcm_certification.doc given in some threads of this forum and i dont think they are updated; but you can have a glance at them for one time.

Try to concentrate more on figures of every unit in all the three books (THR10 1&2, THR12). Figures are really much important and also the 'hint'; wherever its given.

Try to read all three books atleast 3-4 times completely (although some areas like E-Rec, ESS and few other areas are not much important).

The certification pattern might contain:

SAP Overview - 3 to-4 ques(+)

HRM Basics - 5 to 6 ques(++)

TM - 18 to 22 ques (+++)

PY - 18 to 22 ques(+++)

Master Data - 9 to 12 ques(+++)

OM - 5 to 6 ques (++)

Solution Manager - 3 to 5 Ques

Reporting - 3 to 5 ques

Case Study - 1 to 2 Ques

If i come across any useful information/questions, i will let you know.

Best,

Ramesh S.Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for such kind of useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I have just one more question.

I have Ecc6.0 THR10 (1 & 2) & THR12 book. But I did not get solution manager anywhere. Could you please tell in which part solution manager is covered?

Thanks.

Purnima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Can you please help m elocate rapid share/hcm .doc for sample questions. I am appearinf dor certification this month. I f you could help me with some websites where I can find HCM Questions, it wil be useful.

Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purnima ,

You have mentioned in this thread that you have the books for THR 12 and THR 10. Will it be possible to share it in any way ? I am planning to give the certification exa, soon and doing a self study.

Thanks

Lipa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning to take SAP HR certification in a few months. Is there anybody have material for SAP HR certification.I have THR10 and THR12 but they are old version (2006). Do you have newer?or anything else that would help me for my certification...such as sample questions or some tips....

Thank you

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Even I am planning to give certification in Dec. Can you please share with me if you have pdf for THR 10 & THR12.

Regards

Mohinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purnima,

I am planning  for do SAP HR certification, can you please provide me the document u have? and please guide me through.

Thanks!!

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rameshprabhu,

Thanks for sharing info on certification. I am preparing for the certification in ECC6.0. Can you share sample questions if you do not mind. It would great help for preparation.

Regards,

Purnima

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good job.........

nice work buddy