Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of Incoming Material in QM

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAPians,

I want to customize QM in procurement with some key point as follows :

1. I have to assign Inspection Type '01' to 'Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order', How can i assign it ???

Presently when i am assigning '01' in Material Master QM then it is showing 'Goods Receipt Inspection for Order'.

2. How can i assign Movt. Type '101' for Inspection Lot generation for incoming goods???

3. I want to prefix some information in QM view of Material Master i.e. i want to fix value 15 days for 'Avg Insp. Duration.' , 100% Inspection should & Automatic UD Check Boxes be pre selected,for Inspection Type 01.

4. How can i fix Number range for inspection lots for incoming goods? can i fix different number ranges for different Material Types??

5. Please explain me all master data which is required for Procurement Customization.

Thanks & Regards in Advance.

Have a Nice Weekend to you All.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. I have to assign Inspection Type '01' to 'Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order', How can i assign it ???

Presently when i am assigning '01' in Material Master QM then it is showing 'Goods Receipt Inspection for Order'.

01 is always with reference to a Purchase order.

Even if you have description 'Goods Receipt Inspection for Order' it is PO only....

you can chage description >QCC0>Quality Inspection>Inspection lot creation>Maintain Inspection type.

2. How can i assign Movt. Type '101' for Inspection Lot generation for incoming goods???QCC0>Quality Inspection>Inspection lot creation>Inspection for Goods mvt>Movement Type/Update Control/Inspection Lot Origin>Select 101>

but you will find that 01 inspection type is already maintained.

3. I want to prefix some information in QM view of Material Master i.e. i want to fix value 15 days for 'Avg Insp. Duration.' , 100% Inspection should & Automatic UD Check Boxes be pre selected,for Inspection Type 01.

QCC0>Quality Inspection>Inspection lot creation>Defien default values>select 01 inspection type & enter

value 15 days for 'Avg Insp. Duration.' , 100% Inspection should & Automatic UD Check Boxes be pre selected,for Inspection Type 01.

4. How can i fix Number range for inspection lots for incoming goods? can i fix different number ranges for different Material Types??

Number range is a per Inspection type & not as Material Type.

QCC0>Quality Inspection>Inspection lot creation>Maintain number rages>select 01 & enter range.

5. Please explain me all master data which is required for Procurement Customization.

Define Control Keys,certifcate type,delivery block these are most inportant master datas..

but most of the data is already configured in 000 client.try to look into that only

Regards

Sujit

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. There are some more query as follows :

1. What is the role of Procurement Data Part in QM View of Material Master? and Why we select 'QM Proc.active' ?

2. What is 'QM Control Key' ? Why we have to define it? and why we make sometimes a customised QM Key?

3. What is 'Certificate Type'? Why we define it? and why we make sometime customised 'Certificate Tyep?

4. How can i define Sampling Procedures?

5. I want to assign single Inspection plan to multiple Materials, How can i do this? Please remember that there are some Plans which is having MIC's and some are not having MIC's.

Please refer me some link also to read in depth so that my customization can be correct.

With Thanks & Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The answer of these questions can be very long so i will try to explain you in simple language to best of my knowledege

1. What is the role of Procurement Data Part in QM View of Material Master? and Why we select 'QM Proc.active' ?

Procurement data is nothing but how qulity wants to put check on procurement or what kind of procurement quality wants for a specific material

if you want to Quality to be involved in Prodcument activity then inorder to acheive that we define QM procurement active....

so that the type of control we want on procurement can be established.

2. What is 'QM Control Key' ? Why we have to define it? and why we make sometimes a customised QM Key?

Now once QM proc is active then what are the things we want to control in Porcurement-->Vendor release,Certificate,Invoice block etc are defined in the control key or it may be combination.depend upon combination we want we design the same or use std.

3. What is 'Certificate Type'? Why we define it? and why we make sometime customised 'Certificate Tyep?

if we specify certificate in QM control key then we maintain what kind of certificate we want.This is defined here.Depending upon the business we can customize our own Certificate types....

4. How can i define Sampling Procedures?

Create a sampling proc>QDV1>

for first time say fixed sample with manual valuation.keep sample size say 10.

save.

Assign sampling procedure against a char/ MIcs in a task list........

5. I want to assign single Inspection plan to multiple Materials, How can i do this? Please remember that there are some Plans which is having MIC's and some are not having MIC's.

QP01>header>material assignment.-->assign Material -plant-vendor(if needed) here only.

keep group counter same for same MICs want to use for multiple materials.

I hope I have made you clear this to understand.

Regards

Sujit

Please search for more topics on PLM/QM forum......there are a lot many.

Regards

Sujit

former_member608385
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit,

Thank you Once again for Your Valuable words.

Regards.

Answers (0)