cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Background job scheduling in Webdynpro ABAP Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way to run webdynpro application in background.Could you suggest me if you have an idea.

Thank You,

Anupama.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And if you want to try schedule a normal ABAP program as a background job from Web Dynpro then its the same as how you do it in ABAP. You can try go through these 2 links which deal over the same: [Link1 |;& [Link 2|;

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply Uday.

Is there any possible solutions to run webdynpro application background.

I need to run webdynpro application daily.

Thank You,

Anupama.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

I guess you havent even gone through my replies. My first reply itself was regarding the same. Its not possible to schedule Web Dynpro applications as background jobs. I had even passed you on a

[thread |;in which Thomas Jung had clearly even

explained the reasons behind the same. I would appreciate if you could go through my replies & the threads which I pass

on to you a bit more carefully. This would even save you a lot of time instead of waiting to hear back from me again. Anyways am

pasting his comments from that thread in here for your observation...

You can not background schedule web dynpro components. Your component should be structured using MVC (Model View Controller)
 so that the business logic is not contained directly in the component itself. This business logic should remain callable via
 classic dynpro techniques - that can still be background scheduled.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I have gone through your replies.I understand what you said.But I am asking Alternate solution not background job.

Thank You,

Anupama.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

Well the alternative solution for this is already present in the [thread |;

which I had passed on to you earlier. Am pasting even the conversation which Sid had with Thomas in there. Did you go

through that [thread |; which I had passed on to you?

I have already passed that twice prior to this.

Regards,

Uday

Hello Thomas,

Thankx for replying. OK, you mean I put my business logic in a FM and call that FM in my webdyn component.
 And when  it is required to background schedule it I will call that FM in an executable code.

AM i correct?

Yes. You will have to write a classic dynpro application to call the FM or class with your business
 logic and  if you are producing a report - use old style list processing of the CL_SALV* classes to produce the report.

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

You cannot schedule your Web Dynpro Components to run in the background. This particular functionality is possible only with the traditional R/3 programs. Try go through Thomas Jung's comments in this [thread |;for more inputs over the same.

Regards,

Uday