cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I Hope you can help me about some doubts about spool. We already have running the jobs for that and they are ok. But when i go to SP12 i get two issues:

1. I have one user with more than 150.000.000 in the column "No. bytes in database" but when i try the SP01 and check the spool request and the output request for that user i get an empty report. So the question is how can it could be deleted.

2. I have some users with 0 in the column "No. bytes in database" but in the column "No. bytes in files" i have more than 50.000.000, so the question is how can it could be deleted.

I hope some one can help about it or maybe to understand very well the spool process.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SP01.

choose starting date as a past date(if you remember the date the server was installed enter that date or back date how much ever possible) and enter that user who has num of bytes in the database.

It should show the spool requests.

Basically if it shows in TST01 and TST03(in SP12), then it should show in SP01 as long as there is no inconsistency in the check you ran before.

For your second question,

If it says number of bytes in file, that denotes the spool requests stored under the directory /sapmnt/<SID>/global/<CLIENT>SPOOL.

Check if you have the folder other wise, from SP12 => select list objects and sort it by the user column and look for your user.

From there you can delete the SPOOL request of that user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Thanks for the information but we already done and still the same case.

For the first part we still found 0 request in the SP01 and in the SP12 shows values for num of bytes in the database.

For the second part we get "file already gone" or "Object not found"

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done a consistency check in SP12.... basically it should show those as inconsistencies and then you can just delete them

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

With regard to #1,

Are you sure you are dealing with a spool and not some other type of Temse object? You should be able to view the object in more detail in transaction sp11 and delete it from the Temse db if required. (If this is an HR* temse object you may want to make sure your payroll folks are ok with this.)

Hope this helps,

Chad

Edited by: Chad DUNNEGAN on Oct 16, 2009 6:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan

I can fixed with the consistency check in SP12. Thanks for your help.

Thanks to all four your help.

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following link will help you.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/EN/d9/4a8f7d51ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manoj for your help.

I already done but still get the same case. Some other idea ??

Best Regards

Reynaldo Rebolledo.