cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move data from archive file to content repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We get the requirement to move the data from the archive file (on OS file system) to the content repository.

Is there any way to do it?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes you need to relocate DMS documents from one content repository to another. This can be achieved with the SAP report DMS_RELOCATE_CONTENT.

1.Use report RSCMSEX to export the repository from the source content server.

2.Create a new repository in the target content server

3.Use report RSCMSIM to import the repository into the target content server.

Banakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

We have the same requirement for which you have posted a reply. Requirement of 'Migrating of the existing data sources from one server (present Client third part servers) to the SAP Content repository(Content server).

Could you post me any sample program .

I have seen different posts of you where the answers look awesome and had been resolved .

Can you post me some sample code by using the above reports if you have done any since i am not getting where to start.

Requirement was to automate the migration process from one server to other by a Custom Program.

I am not getting why should we use 3 reports one for relocation and one for exporting and one for importing by having the content repository created in other server.

we have two servers and two content repositories created and we need to transfer the documents from one content server which is available now to the new content repositories.

Could you please throw me some light on this. This would be very helpful if you reply..

Thanks

Satish

Answers (0)