Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck in BPM Transformation process Async to Sync Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there im building up a R/3 ---> Idoc PI -

>Soap 3rd Party Async/Sync Scenario,

on the integration process window i drag a transformation box to change my input idoc to the structure the Webservice needs, but i cant import it, i tried to make a new one using the abstract interfaces im using but it tells me i cant transform an Async Interface ( Idoc ) to an Sync Interface ( Webservice ), any sugestions?, i can provide everything i have done up to date regarding interfaces mappings and stuff if needed, thx!!!,

Roberto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but it tells me i cant transform an Async Interface ( Idoc ) to an Sync Interface ( Webservice ), any sugestions

You cannot perform a mapping between an Async MI and a Sync MI....not only for a BPM but even in general

Your BPM should have below steps:

Receive(IDOC)-> Transformation(IDOC_to_SOAPReq...both Async)-> SyncSend(SOAPReq and SOAPResp Messages)

You need below Container elements in your BPM:

1 for receiving the IDOC

1 for the SOAPReq message

1 for the SOAPResp message

You cannot have a Container element for Sync Interface.....you include the ABS Sync MI directly in the SyncSend step and then will get Request and Response fields (automatically)....here specify the SOAPReq and SOAPResp Container elements.......

Your Interface Mapping will be between MI_IDOC_ABS and MI_SOAPReq_ABS......and then you can inlcude this in the Transformation step

Just a question to ask....what are you going to do once you receive the SOAPResp message?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah basically i changed almost the whole scenario,

now i get the idoc from R/3 and i send it to the BPM,

there i transform it and i do the Sync call to the WebService,

then i get that response and i map it to ALEUD Idoc to send it back to ERP,

the BPM shows no error or warning, but when i send the test Idoc from R/3 i get the following error message in PI,

BPE_ADAPTER UNKNOWN_MESSAGE

No object type found for the message. Check that the corresponding process is activated!!

Any Ideas??

Roberto.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you need to do:

1) In IR open your BPM and check that the receiver step is having the required MI (IDOC)...abstract

2) Press F7 and confirm that there are no errors

3) Activate all the objects in IR

4) In ID you have imported your BPM and your BPM is reflecting the latest changes

5) The configuration is 100% perfect...r3-> BPM, BPM-> SOAP, BPM---> R3

6) Changes are activated in ID

Now

In tcode /nSXI_CACHE check what is the Return code associated with your BPM...it should be 0....if anything else activate the BPM....just hit the match-stick symbol....

Then go to tcode /nSWWL and delete the errored instance of your BPM....do not delete anything else....

If required perform a cache refresh......

Above steps will ensure that your scenario runs fine....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I followed the steps in the exact same order and everything seems to be fine but i keep getting the same message, i was looking for other threads on the SDN and i found somebody that had the same problem because the message that he was sending to the BPM was not the same the BPM was expecting.

Now im not sure if this could be my problem too, but i receive the Idoc from R/3 with no Service Interface because if i add a Service Interface it gives me an error that says cannot find receiver determination, then i send this plain Idoc to the BPM and the Receiver is a Service Interface ( or message Interface im working on 7.1 ) with the same Idoc Structure.

I hope this is not being a problem cause i dont feel like changing my bpm scenario , Thanks for all the input so far.

Roberto.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure you have done/followed these steps:

In IR

1. The first receive step in BPM will have an Abstract Interface with message type as IDoc structure and the start process check box checked.

2. and so on I guess the problem lies in above steps

Now in ID part

1. No sender agreement since you are using IDoc as sender.

2. Receiver Determination betweend sender SAP Business system and BPM

3. One interface deter,omation between sender IDoc Interface (shoudl be the name of IDoc) and receiver Abstract Interface. No mapping will be used.

4. and so on.

Regards

Suraj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now im not sure if this could be my problem too, but i receive the Idoc from R/3 with no Service Interface because if i add 
a Service Interface it gives me an error that says cannot find receiver determination, then i send this plain Idoc to the BPM and 
the Receiver is a Service Interface ( or message Interface im working on 7.1 ) with the same Idoc Structure.

Develop a Service Interface with Category as Abstract for receiving the message in BPM.....then you need to include this SI in the Receiver Determination which you defined for the Sender---> BPM flow....all your other objects also need to changed accordingly....Interface Determination.....BPM cannot accept this IDOC because it is not termed as Abstract......make these changes and test......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Problem Solved, i put the transformation outside the BPM to match the Message and it works just fine.

Thank you very much to everyone for the help.

Roberto

Answers (0)