cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing data in drop-down lists - ADS interactive forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have built a form in the transaction SFP and customize some drop-down lists through the standard object pallete, so when I run the form through the portal, the fields are populated well, however after saving the form I miss the data I have choosed in those drop lists (It keeps just the data I bring automatically from the SAP data). Is there some necessary step missing in this configuration?

I really appreciate your help

Thanks in advance, Fabio Cursino

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert, first of all thanks for replying,

What I have done is create a new field in the context (cause I don´t have the values in the SAP data base), and in the scenario I created the field in the characteristics, so inside the form (transaction SFP), I bind the field with the drop-box list. Actually I don´t know if I´m using the Enumerated Dropdown List No-select or the regular one, where I can check that? Another question I have is if I need to use some BADI implementation to succeed recording the values I choose in the drop-box.

Thanks in advance Robert, Fábio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Yes, I hit a value in the drop-list and click on Review, so the portal brings the form filled with the info I inserted, Then I submit it and the system returns a form number to me. So when I call this form again it brings just the information the SAP provided to the form (autmatic fields).

Thanks in advance for your help, Fábio

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you sure you're saving the value to the backend and selecting it back appropriately?

if so, are you sure you're passing that value from your structure to the Context? Check to see if SAP is translating your value to all upper case or maybe it needs to be all upper case and it's not - it should match exactly what's in your dropdown box.

Also, are you using the Enumerated Dropdown List No-Select instead of the regular Enumerated Dropdown List ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

so.. let's say your dropdown values are 1 - 9 and, you are you choose the value 5 and hit SUBMIT...

When you handle the event in your web dynpro are you receiving the value you choose (5)?

Or, when you re-display your form, your value displayed is not the value you chose earlier(5)?

can you clarify your issue a little more?