cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW QuickSizer Throughput vs User Based Sizing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

I've been conducting a hardware sizing using the SAP QuickSizer for a BW environment.

I've read up on and understand the difference between user based and throughput based sizing techniques.

When performing a throughput based sizing (inputting only the DSOs, InfoCubes, and workday information) the SAP QuickSizer is not outputting a SAPS value for the CPU. It is only outputting MB values for memory.

When I try performing a user based assessment (by inputting only the number of information, business, and expert users) the QuickSizer does output a SAPS value for the CPU. The SAPS value that is output is very small (300 SAPS total) and we are planning a large implementation with approx 80 concurrent users and 17 Dataflows (with many records loaded daily).

Am I incorrectly performing my throughput sizing? How can I get the QuickSizer to output a CPU SAPS value that takes into account the periodic data uploads rather than the minimal strain placed on the system by the users?

Thanks for your help!

Jer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP alwasys suggests that you should go for through put based sizing if your user limit exceeds than 100.

My view is always increase a 20-30% of the total output which you get on calculating based on throught put sizing.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vashmi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have read up on the throughput and user based sizing and do understand the differences between the two.

I am looking for clarity regarding how you actually input the values into the SAP QuickSizer tool when performing a throughput sizing. When I perform throughput based (by filling in the DSO, InfoCube, and Word day information tables) I'm not getting a SAPS value for the CPU. I am only getting memory values (in MB) for the DB and application servers.

I know that a throughput based sizing should give me SAPS value for CPU (due to the periodic data loads) therefore I'm led to believe that I've input something incorrectly. Do I need to include something more than the DSO, InfoCube, and workday information?

Cheers,

Jer