cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server - FOLDER Creation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I need to shift all my Documents from legacy to Content server.Is it possible to create folders in content server and place the documents over there?

Kindly guide me.

Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with folders on the content server? Maybe you are talking about a vault?

Anyway, here is how it works for us: We have a content server set up with a SAPDB. All documents go into the SAPDB, like a black box. The content resository you define in customizing points to that server. Guess you looked at the customizing and content server admin.

So, how do you get your documents into the server. Somehow you have to get them out of the legacy system, this is your part - files and meta data. To get them into the content server / SAP you can use the BAPIs. Just run a search in se37 looking for BAPI_DOCUMENT*. There are BAPIs to create the initial document BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 and the versions BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATENEWVRS2....

There is all you need (basically to reprogram the whole DMS )))) )

Hope I am pointing you into the right direction.

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jochen,

Thanx for the reply.

Actually we want to shift our DB to SAP.Also the documents to be stored in the HTTP enabled content server.

For example,if a associate details are shifted,then there should be a <b>folder for each associate and many subfolder like Immigration folder,Payment folder,resume folder ,default folder</b> etc..

This is the exact situation.Kindly guide me ..

Also kindly send me any documents if you have regarding config. of DMS and content server.My email id is johnwesley.e@gmail.com

Awaiting your reply.

Thanx & Regards,

John wesley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

this sounds like a document BOM / structure. You might investigate if this meets your needs. I am not totally familiar how you would create the structure using BAPI_DOCUMENT*, you have to look at the function modules in detail.

Please let us know how this works out....

Regards,

Jochen