Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve material BOM from APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to have a Material BOM explosion in APO?

We are trying to create a report that shows all material BOM information in APO.

If so, we are wondering if there is any function or BAPI that we can adopt in order to solve our problem, as we found that all tables in APO are containing memory references to livecache tables, which seems useless to us.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Regards,

Celeste

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Celeste,

Try doings a search with the string 'material BOM APO' in OSS notes. There are plenty of OSS Notes which talks about Material BOM from APO and related stuff.

I just did a quick search and found many useful stuff. May be you would be able to choose the one close to your requirement. Some of them are corrections but you might want to take a look at them to get some pointers.

You can also explore FM "RFC_DISPLAY_BILL_OF_MATERIAL" to get the BOM from your APO system.

Cheers

VJ

Message was edited by: Vijayendra Rao

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Celeste,

Try doings a search with the string 'material BOM APO' in OSS notes. There are plenty of OSS Notes which talks about Material BOM from APO and related stuff.

I just did a quick search and found many useful stuff. May be you would be able to choose the one close to your requirement. Some of them are corrections but you might want to take a look at them to get some pointers.

You can also explore FM "RFC_DISPLAY_BILL_OF_MATERIAL" to get the BOM from your APO system.

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Thanks for your info.

The FM that you provided does not exist in APO system. Do you think it is possible for us to do a BOM explosion report in APO? This is because we have inconsistency of material BOM between R3 and APO.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Celeste

0 Kudos

Hi Celeste,

DO u mean that you need to do a BOM explosion in the APO system?

May be you can try this FM "CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2"

Cheers

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

Yes, I would like to do bom explosion in APO. Thus, i'm looking for either BAPI or function module to extract this information in APO, but to no avail.

I cannot locate the function that you mentioned in APO. Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,

Celeste

0 Kudos

Hi Celeste,

I am not on APO system now so cant help much. But i suggest you to look into OSS note where you can find useful information and pointers which may help.

Check if you can see this FM's

-> '/SAPAPO/DM_EXTMAT_GET_PEGID'

-> 'MD_APO_EXPLODE'

Cheers

VJ