cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding external jar to Web Dynpro project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

last week I get a project file, where I have to made some changes. Therfore I have imported the project and added the external jar com.sap.security.api. After that I checked the .classpath file - and the entries is in this file.

But if I choose Development Configuration - Build - the entry is every time deleted and I get an error that the libary wasn't found.

I tried it with an external jar - but the same error occurs.

Hope for help

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

When you build DC the DC build-plugins do not use Eclipse's .classpath file. Instead of this file .dcdef is used. It contains set of references from the DC to other DCs. The dependencies between DC finally make .classpath. That's why .classpath is overwritten each time you build DC.

Create a special DC type External Library and put your external JAR into it. Then establish a reference from your DC to the Ext. Lib DC with help of COMPILATION Public Part.

By the way, in the case with com.sap.security.api you do not need the external reference at all.

Solution N2 for you:

1) Add a build-time reference from you DC to com.sap.security.api.sda DC. The DC should already be in Local Development development configuration or in any other.

2) Add a run-time reference to com.sap.security.api.sda DC: Go to Webdynpro Project References (or in directly in ProjectProperties.wdproperties file) and add Library reference to com.sap.security.api.sda.

That's all.

BR, Sergei

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I have the similar case.

You need not have to create any External Library DC as its comes in the default SAP-JEE SC for a Web Dynpro DC.

All you need to do is navigate in your Web Dynpro DC to DC Metadata>DC Defination>Used DCs.

Right click on and click on Add Used DC.Try adding "com.sap.security.api.sda" from the SAP-JEE software component.

then built the DC.It should work

Let me know if you need further help on it.

Cheers!

Priya

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's exactly the point that I recommended some posts ago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to import these statements,

import com.sap.security.api.IUser;

import com.sap.security.api.UMException;

import com.sap.security.api.umap.IUserMappingData;

import com.sap.security.api.umap.NoLogonDataAvailableException;

Refer this thread,

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/PointersforTroubleshootingPortalRuntime+Errors

Regards,

Sunaina Reddy T

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this thread , this thread explain the same problem you are facing

former_member205363
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you try like this,.....

Instead of adding external jar, create a variable and assign all required jars to that.

Regards,

Lakshmi Prasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create a external DC project and then create a public parts of type compilation and of type assembly.

Then add these as the used dc in the webdynpro component.

Follow the following blog :

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components

Thanks

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stefan

Please check the following forume link.This link are related to your problem

Also check this forume

This link will give step by step procedure

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan

Reffer to this links, maybe this help you:

[/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2008/05/05/how-to-use-external-libraries-in-the-sap-component-model-part-ii|/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2008/05/05/how-to-use-external-libraries-in-the-sap-component-model-part-ii]

[/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components|/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components]

[/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro|/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro]

Regards

Marcos