cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing a table upon submit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to clear the information entered into a table upon clicking a save/submit button. I have followed the blog described for doing this with a Form (using a Signal Out to trigger a Signal In that delivers blank values) but this doesn't work using a table. I've also tried passing the content of a blank table back to the Input Port after submit but this creates a circular reference.

If you know the solution or have any ideas please let me know!

Many thanks,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created a BAPI that passes empty values to the table upon load

mh97
Contributor
0 Kudos

Andrew, you should be able to accomplish this by calling your FM with a flag or something that tells it to simply send back an empty list with the same data object.

I think this should work but if that's what you already tried and got the circular reference problem, you might also want to try setting up another table - always blank - and using a visibility condition to control which table is shown. (In your layout the tables are set to exactly the same size and position and the user won't know it is actually two different table objects.)

I hope one of those suggestions helps!

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the reply! I've tried looping back to the Table's In port after the FM call to deliver a blank table, but this causes a compiler error -- probably because on first load it's expecting BAPI fields that haven't been called yet, and we can't connect a start point to the same Input Port as well.

The visibility property isn't ideal, but a work around nevertheless.

Thanks & kind regards,

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

This is still an outstanding issue and I need to find a solution asap. This should be simple, really!

Thanks in advance.