cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Before creating IMG Project in Project Adminstration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. In ProjectAdmin(solar_project_admin)under the system landscape tab,to create IMG Projecs for the defined landscape i have created system and logical components

is it necessary that befor doing this i need to do system configurations like - Creating server,DB,System,Logical components..

2.For SMSY RFC creation will the Solman expects to and Fro connection between satellite systems and Solution Manager.

Thanks in advance.

RGds,

Vasanth.

Message was edited by: Vasanthakumar Balasubramani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

2) Try to walk through this configuration guide, it may help you.

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/25/system-monitoring-configuration-guide-for-dummies

Regards,

Federico

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Vasanth,

You can just delete the Logical Component from the Project if it is not being used, for example in the Business Blueprint or Change Request Management.

To delete the Logical Component centrally you must use transaction SMSY, however before the deletion is allowed all the assignment of the Logical Component to Solutions/Projects must be deleted.

In SMSY you can use the Where used list function to find out to which Solution/Projects the Logical Component is assigned. Call transaction SMSY and select System Group and Logical Components, choose your Logical Component and with the right mouse button select "Where used list".

Best Regards,

Andreia Romano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreia,

I am in the configuration of Solution Manager 4.0

I have configured the Service Desk between solution manager system and a satelite system. Now i have to configure the Change request management. For this purpose, i created two copies of the client 100, which is linked to SM in Service Desk. These two copies 101 and 102 are simulating the systems QUA and PRD. To be abble to create a maintenance cycle in tx SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, i have to configure TMS. I have no documents which show me the steps. Have you any information so i can create a mintenance cycle and finish the configuration of Charm 4.0

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for both of you.

I could create IMG Project and it's working fine.

But when i want to delete the assigned logical component in the systems->system landscape it is not allowing to delete giving the following error

"The logical component XXXX is still being used"

If i try to delete those assigned logical systems in SMSY->logical components even then it is not allowing me to delete.

How to delete the logical componenet that has been already assigned for a project ?

Thanks in advance.

RGds,

Vasanth.

0 Kudos

Hello Vasanth,

1). You need to create the Project and assign the Logical Components in the tab System Landscape -> System, then you can create the IMG Project using the tab IMG Projects.

You first select the System Role and all systems that are

assigned to your project in the specified role will be displayed, you can select the required system and choose the "<i>Create IMG Project</i>" button.

Pre-requisite is that the RFC destinations are properly generated.

2). Already answered.

Regards,

Andreia Romano