cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*SD:Payment Cards: Use of Payment Gift card for a purchase on Sales Order*

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to implement the use of GIft card on the SAP Sales Order. The scenario is listed below.

1.Customer Calls the Call center and want to use the Gift Card issued for Purchases which he/she is making.

2.The asscoiate should be able to enter Gift card Number in the Credit card field of the SAales Order and should be able

to Process the transaction.

3.The authunticity of Gift Card will be checked by the thirdparty Provider ( Like Moneris, Paymetric,etc).

Can this Gift card scenario can be implemented in SAP on Sales Order?.

During the phase of the Saving the order, the Card Funds checking and final purchase need to be completed.

My Questions are:

1.Can this scenario be Implemented on SAP Sales Order.

2.Can we use the current card type and Credit card fields on the Sales order.

3.Can we write the new function Modules to achive this.What Function Modules can be used as basis for this devlopment

4.This scenario is just like a Debit card Transaction( where the Gift Card has certain amount of money on it and when used, the money will be debited from Gift card and transaction is processed).

5.How the settlement is done in this case, will after the Sales order is successfully used this Gift Card, will we need to generate invoice for our account purposes and send the settlemnt file to the thirdparty proviedrs(Moneris,Paymetric ).

6.Did SAP implemented this any where?.

I have full idea of Credit card, but not sure if we can implement this for Gift Card use on sales Order.

Any help is Greatly appreciated and rewarded with many points.

Regards,

Raj

Edited by: RAJENDAR REDDY on Jul 24, 2009 10:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I think this functionality is available in the retail solution (IS-R). Just do a search in help.sap.com. There is no gift card functionality available in the standard system.

Perhaps modification note 353850 which adds functionality for debit/switch cards may be helpful here.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian Kehoe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your response.Currently we have RETAIL system. Do you mean that this can be implemented only in POS?.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can process gift cards just like debit cards. You will still have to create billing for it for settlement process.

If your gateway is Moneris, you will still need a middleware such as Paymetric solution to connect to Moneris. My team work with Paymetric to help clients implementing credit card and gift card solutions. We have implemented several gift card solutions though each project has a slightly different solution due to the difference in business requirements.

Hope this helps,

Noriko

Answers (0)