Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail heart beat alerts from J2SE AE

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running SAP PI 7.10 SP7.

ALM and CEN is on the same box as SAP PI. J2SE on diffrent server. J2SE is fully operational and messages can be be exchanged with it via SAP PI.

I have setup SCOT and is able to send e-mails out of SAP PI and receive those.

I have uploaded a monitoring template to GRMG to monitor a J2SE AE.

This has been successfull for monitoring through GRMG the J2SE AE status. If a bring down the J2SE AE and a run a GRMG monitor cycle then the indicator show that the J2SE AE is NOT OK. When I startup the J2SE AE then run the monitor cycle the the indicator show the J2SE AE is OK.

When I open CCMS monitoring via RZ20 then through "SAP CCMS Monitor Templates > Process Integration > SID" the J2SE adapter engine is visible there. The status is also correctly monitored through CCMS when the J2SE AE is up or down.

In ALCATDEF there is a default folder "CCMS Alerts" which contails an Alert Category "Alert_Container". I have setup a fixed recipient for this Alert Category. The fix receipient has a e-mail address in the e-mail address field in SU01. When I use the test program "RSALERTTEST" the I am able to receive this alert via e-mail.

In RZ20 I go to one of the nodes in the J2SE AE to be monitored and edit the properties. Here in the Auto Reaction Method I use the default methode "CCMS_Send_Alert_to_ALM" to pass the alert to ALM.

I my mind I have done what I can to make it work so that when the J2SE AE is down the CCMS monitor will pick it up and forward the alert to ALM which will send out an e-mail. However this is not happening.

When I look in alertdisp the I do not see any alerts that was generated.

Can anybody please assist in this regard to get this resolved.

Many thanks.

Regards

Willie Hugo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Nothing in SBWP, alerts is suppose to go to SAP Alert Framework (ALM) and then via ALM to a e-mail address.

Thank you so far. I will have a peek at the doc you gave me.

Regards

Willie Hugo

former_member192375
Participant
0 Kudos

Aamir,

Thank you for the quick response.

Not to sure what you are asking, but I clear all alerts from the "Process Integration > SID" node. With the J2SE AE up I start the analysis method. The it prompts me to run the GRGM scenarios, which I then do. The result is possitive. No errors in GRMG and in CCMS. Now a bring the J2SE AE down. Then analysis method again, again running the GRMG monitor. This time there is error conditions for the J2SE AE in GRMG and in CCMS. So the status of the J2SE AE will remain in error until I bring up the J2SE AE again and clear all the Open CCMS alerts.

Please can you assist further.

Regards

Willie Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Yeah i agree,nodes in RZ20 would be green when there are no errors.

when any error happens,the node turns to Red and you expect to get a e-mail because of the auto reaction method assigned to GRMG.right?

what i have seen in CCMS is that a lot of times mails are not automatically triggered is certain jobs (central dispatcher etc) are not running in client 000 (they may be running under different client instead).

Please re-check your configuration as per the article i have mentioned in my earlier reply. and make sure all the RFC's destinations which are to be used in CCMS alerts and all jobs are correct and running in the same client as has been mentioned in the article.

Also check SLG1 and see if you get any alert log there.

Thanks

Aamir

Edited by: Aamir Suhail on Jul 24, 2009 9:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition

please check the below guide and make sure you have done your configurations as per it.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/be79a16b-0a01-0010-51b8-9b6d1968...

we were having similar issues with CCMS and it was due to missing configurations in client 000 , we had instead done them in client 100,which may result cause some issues and not always trigger alerts.

In Rz20->SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors->CCMS SelfMonitoring and GRMG SelfMonitoring will give you more information.

CCMSSelfmonitoring will keep logs of all the errors which happened in CCMS itself,it mails are not triggered,it will have logs which shows why mails were not triggered.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

Please check SBWP.

Also in RZ20,display the alerts and see what is their status.

Thanks

Aamir