Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery due list

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The sales order has a line item for non stock material with TAB item category. Based on scheduling, If the schedule line has a delivery date of say, 05.08.2009...then this will be in the delivery due list for 05.08 and we can create the delivery on 05.08 if the material has been received and GR'ed.

My requirement is, if the material has been received earlier than expected/scheduled and the GR is done (say 30.07.2009) , then we want to have this in the delivery due list and create the delivery though the schedule lines are not due for delivery till 05.08.2009. The deliveries are created in a batch job. It picks the data from the delivery due list and create the deliveries. Hence I would like to know if there is anyway to push the sales order to the delivery due list if the corresponding PO has been GRed well before the schedule. Please suggest .

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Item category TAB is used for individual purchase order items (item category group is BANC ) where you wont maintain any stocks as on when the requirement comes (sales order confirmed) you will release a po to the vendor (PR created initially ) and receive the goods in your plant and manage them as sales order stocks (item cat TAB is marked with E special stock indicator in VOV7) and then supply against that sales order

If your process is the same for TAB materials then system picks up delivery date as 05.08.2009 based on the GR and other processing times in the MMR

As i understand from your post if the actual GR from the vendor for that materials happens much much earlier than the lead or processing times mentioned in MMR and if the stocks are physically available in your plant much befor 05.08.2009 say 30.07.2009 you want to push the delivery also earlier

For this in the sales order in change mode for the TAB items you have to select and redo availability check

As you know the availability check is influenced by 3 major parameters physical stocks, inward and outward movements and in our case physical stocks being available system has to push delivery due date also earlier ( i dont have the SAP access to test it right now)

Logically TAB item cat has E special stock indicator and the GRed stocks are special stocks reserved for that sales order and if they are physically updated in your stocks (that means GRd) then i think you should be able to process the delivery for that items immediately (as required in our case) rather than waiting for delivery due date

These sort of scenarios it is difficult to answer without working in the system and i have tried to suggest based on the logics it might or might not work and update me whatever is the result

Regards

Raja

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply. Your understanding of the requirement is perfectly correct.

As i understand from your post if the actual GR from the vendor for that materials happens 
much much earlier than the lead or processing times mentioned in MMR and 
if the stocks are physically available in your plant much befor 05.08.2009 say 30.07.2009 
you want to push the delivery also earlier

Currently the functionality used is the standard process of Individual purchase order scenario (TAB). System will not allow us to create the delivery if the material is not GRed though the schedule lines are due for delivery. This is ok for us. Some times the material is received earlier than the schedule and we could not create the delivery since the schedule lines are in future and not due for delivery. Hence I am looking for any possibility of creating deliveries due in future dates, when there is a GR for those line items.

Everyday hundreds (and thousands) of deliveries are created and everything happens only through batch jobs. There is no manual intervention. It is not possible to manually rerun the availability check in the sales order.

Is it possible to update the schedule lines of a sales order while doing the Goods Receipt. Please provide me any clues to explore the possibility of achieving this .

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have achieved the required functionality with the help of a userexit in MIGO transaction. As soon as the MIGO is done, the schedule line dates are changed to the current date plus one (as per our requirement)and we could see the item in the delivery due list. The delivery is getting created in the regular background job for delivery creation.

Regards,

Ravi