cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wht is difference between normal "transport" and "transport of copies"

Former Member
0 Kudos

What actually means "transport of copies"? Wht is difference between normal "transport" and "transport of copies".

I understand "transport of copies" as transport of object with original system other than current one but in this context do not understand that system is forceing me to transport of copies for a customizing request on development system

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

What error you're getting.

Generally, transport of copies is used when you want to take the object to a different system out of landscape and you don't need to transport it though your normal transport management system. while doing the same the original system of the object & its version also remains same.

If you're doing a normal customizing work and its forces you to use a transport of copy, then there may be some problem. describe in detail which object and what exact error its showing..

Regards,

Debasis.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it occurs in checking an table entry in IMG activity.(only in that case). (If I choose something else e.g I am not forced to transport of copies)

The content of transport request is "table contents " for KCD

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check table OBJH from SE16, look for "Transport" files ( with values 0,1,2, 3 ) --Click on F1 for help menu, also have a look at fiels "Transport Protected"

Also check the link below.

Now may find the reason why system is prompting for tranport of copies for a particular table.

Although I am not sure about of your application but googling gives me this information.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jan

When you want to migrate any change you create a normal transport with a target system. You can include your objects into the request.

In a transport of copies you can include other transport requests in to it. It's something like merging one or more transports in one request.

Giving you one scenario, suppose you have few transport requests which you have released a "Local Change Request" and but now want them to migrate to some other system. in this case you can create a "transport of copies" and include all those local request in that copy. Now you can move those transports as a single transport.

In contrast to Workbench or Customizing requests there is no automatic delivery into other systems for transport of copies.

Below link will give you better information..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/34/819d423893c46ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Jul 24, 2009 7:29 PM