cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No in the system SLM configured

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we recently updated our solman from SP17 to EHP1 SP20 in order to be able to use the EHP4 download options within the solman.

EHP4 selection works fine so far, but there is a warning shown during the maintenace optimizer process which says "No SLM configrued within the system". I am supposed to run tx /TMWFLOW/MOPZCFG and configure the connection to a SLM.

Unfortunately this does not work because I simply don't know what input I should give these config steps. I searched within the solman documentation but I found nothing that helped me.

Does anybody know what steps I do have to make here or where I find the appropriate documentation?

While selecting patches for a system connected to the solman I also found out that the solman brings up too many patches to download. It almost seems as if the solman does not properly read the current system config or implemented SP stack. He simply brings up every possible patch. Is this problem connected to the above mentioned missing SLM?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven

To enable an automated installation process, you initially need to configure your system landscape. You must define the system landscape in SAP Solution Manager, using transaction Solution Manager System Landscape (SMSY). Alternatively, you need to make the landscape data available in the System Landscape Directory.

The update for the SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 (May 2009) has a new section 4.1.3 Solution Manager u2013 System Landscape which provides you with an overview (see http://service.ap.com/erp-inst).

regards

Andreas Rudolph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If SLM configuration is missing, then following notes will help

Note 1137683 - Maintenance Optimizer Notes for Software Lifecycle Manager

Note 1138247 - Maintenance Optimizer Description about the SLM Config