cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: script- bottom command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am using bottom and end bootom in main window. BUt what is the problem here is when am giving the exact text in last line item (PO), itsnot generating any page break ( i mean no new page is craete) . ANd even the content in the bottom and end bottom also not printing.

Can anyone suggest me..like how to over come this. Even with exaxt text in the line item and diaplying contents in bottom/endbottom.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

by calling BOTTOM...ENDBOTTOM will not trigger a new page, if u want a new page to be trigger u need to explicitily call 'NEW-PAGE' command either in the FORM or in Printer program..

if u want to print the text after printing the last line item, we can use CONTROL BREAK EVENTS in the print program and print the required text.

eg:

LOOP at itab.

AT LAST posnr.

call function 'CONTROL_COMMAND' -

> for triggering New Page

command = 'NEW-PAGE'.

call function 'WRITE_FORM' -

> to print text in last page.

element = 'FOOTER'.

endat.

Hope it helps!!

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

one doubt..

How about if I write the thing that is there in bottom/endbottom in protect/endprotect..

it will trigger the page break na?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what protect/endprotect will do is, it will protect the whole text that is printing within protect/endprotect in one page...

for eg: if u r printing 5 lines of text in protect/endprotect, and if ur previous page can only accomdate 2 lines of text (so in this protect/endprotect will print all the 5 lines in nex page by leaving the sapce in previous page as it is). if u dont print the 5 lines of text in protect/endprotect, then it will accomdate the 2 lines of text in previous page & remaining 3 lines in the next page.

but it is not for triggering a new page.

Hope i made u clear!!

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you pavan for clarifying.

But I am facing a situation taht......when line item text exactly fits then , PO total written in bottom endbotom is not getting printed in that page.

While debugging i can see that its calculating PO total. But in the print page i could not see?

Is there any variable/ condition i can write out to check the page limit???

Please help me.

And also please help me understanding how the below staement works

INCLUDE &T166P-TXNAM& OBJECT &T166P-TDOBJECT& ID &T166P-TDID& LANGUAGE &EKKO-SPRAS& PARAGRAPH IX.

beacuse at this point only , the ctrl goes directly to next window , if text diesbt fits. IF text exctly fits , then goes to bottom end bottom.

Edited by: shruthi puttoju on Jul 27, 2009 8:49 AM