cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms with Russian text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to enter Russian text into a Smartform. I have edited the Smartform while being logged into SAP in Russian and English, but any Russian text displayed in the output has hashes (#) displayed instead of the Russian text. I've also entered the text in SE63 as well, again logged in as Russian and English, the results are the same.

Strangely enough the data, like product name, is shown in Russian.

The Smartform itself has the form_attributes->Language_attributes set to 'To selected languages' and with the Russian language being set. I have also tried using 'To all languages' as well, but with no change in effect. The default language of the Smartform though is showing as English, and I don't think that this can be changed, or indeed needs to be changed, and is probably defined when the Smartform is initially created, choosing the current language as the default.

Has anyone encountered this problem before.

Regards

Gary

Edited by: Gary King on Jul 24, 2009 11:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The best idea would be that u Do all translations in SE63 or else do Hard coding .

and check whether your printer is capable of printing Russian Characters or not.

surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've managed to get Russian text out now using Se63. I don't know whether there's some locking goining on if you have the Smsrtform open in another session becuase I did get some very strange results. Anyway, I now exit Smartforms when using SE63 to enter texts and all seems fine now.

I am very grateful for your replies, however, I really do wish that you guys would read the message properly. Someone said that I should ensure that Russian was installed, when I had previously said that I had already logged in with the Russian language, and someoen else said I should ensure my printer is capable of printing Russian when I had previously said that the data (material description) was appearing in Russian.

With regards

Gary King

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can pass the language = &CONTROL_PARAMETERS-LANGU& in standard text.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U make sure your system support the ascii code to manage the russian chararcter, so are u sure the russion language is loaded and supported by your system?

Max