Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a transaction causes addition of new objects in a role!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem. This problem seems specific to a role and i cant think of where to start looking.

In one of my roles if I delete a transaction namely SE38 the profile gets many new objects!!

The objects turn yellow for me to fill out and this causes extra objects in the new profile, which I believe should not be there. As I am only deleting a Tcode.

It is a role which has been inherited from a 4.0 system into the current 4.6c version.

Regards,

CP

2 REPLIES 2

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

pleae read sap note 113290. If you remove a tcode from the menu, the merge function is started for the authoriaztions. According to the rules mentioned in note 113290, authorizations are removed, added updated. Normally this step is performed after upgrade in SU25. As you mentioned that role is froma 4.0 system, I suppose, this step has not been poerformed yet for that role, so at first merging of that role the 'surprise' appears. There are already numbers of threads regarding similar issues, I suggest to search 113290 in this forum.

b.rgds,Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To solve the problem, compare the role with production or testing system then amend the changes to bring the role to its original state.