cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock objects from transport requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I was doing the SAP_Basis support pack upgrade, in netweaver 7.1 and many of the objects seems to be locked in transport requests. as my understanding, i have two options only,

1. replease transport - but it can create issues to us, as that will automatically imported to the next system in teh landscape, so unwanted requests will move to QAs system

2. unlock objects from transport request.

So i did the second option, but it had a message that it can create inconsistencies in the system, do u know what all the meassures we need to take, if we unlock objects from the transport requests. Is it required to delete the transport requests,

by mistake , if someone releases the that transport, whether it will release the old object or the new object.

Please suggest what would be the best recomended approch by SAP

Bijoy Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijoy,

Its better to release the TR and then delete the same from the queue before it is imported into the following system. This will avoid any inconsistancy when the TR released after the SP application.

Regards,

Varadhu

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be fine, in any case modified objects can be reviewed on SPAU/SPDD

Always review the objects and if a release is possible you better of releasing them.

Regards

Juan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bijoy,

I will suggest you release these transports to avoid any inconsistency and later on delete it from buffer for others system so that it will not be transported by mistake.

Thanks

Sunny