Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP Plug-In Download Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I tried to setup SMTP Auto Reaction.

The document and SAP Note 455140 mentioned about SMTP Plug-In

I tried to locate the Plug-In in the SAP kernel (/sapmnt/<SID>/exe ) but could not find it.

Now I am going to download the Plug-In from SAP Service Marketplace but unsuccessful to locate it.

Would you please let me know where the location to download it?

Thanks!

Regards,

Fausto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which SAP product and release do you use ?

Whith modern enough systems (netweaver based) there is no plug-in to download.

SMTP is natively supported by the ICM (icman.exe from the standard kernel).

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Olivier is correct... If you vertion is R/3 4.7 or higher you don't need the plug-in.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

Where do you find this information from?

It's funny, I looked into SAP Netweaver 7 Help but it still mentions about SMTP Plug-In

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

But anyway, thanks again. I will try to setup the Auto Reaction Mail with the remaining steps.

Regards,

Fausto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the help link you refer to, SMTP plug-in is just an other word for ICM with SMTP activated.

It tells

>The kernel of the SAP Web Application Server supports SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). This enables e-mail exchange >between the SAP system and each SMTP mail server, without having to use additional external components.

There must be an OSS note telling that the external plug-in is obsolete but I can assure you that I have at least 6 productive Abap netweaver 7.0 based systems sending emails with just the standard icman.exe.

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read,

SAP Note 455127 - E-mail (SMTP) in different SAP releases

Regards

Juan