cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data update and navigational attrivute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

There is master data which is having some 10 attributes.All of them marked as a Navigational Attribute.But all the attributes are coming from R/3 and only last attribute(X) is not coming from R/3.This X is maintained in flat file.My questions are

1.After uploading all the remaing attributes from R/3 can we update the X through Flat file by creating sperate Infopackage and un mapping remaing objects.

2.Here there is no Hierachy.All the attributes are marked as a navigational attributes.So, Is there any question of drilling down on a particualar Attribute like organizational Unit,or Station or plant.

When we said all as navigational attributes we can make all the drill down and drill across operations on all of them corrrect??

It is very Urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

1.After uploading all the remaing attributes from R/3 can we update the X through Flat file by creating sperate Infopackage and un mapping remaing objects.

>> Nope ...it will add additional rown rather than updating it against old record. I believe you need to qrite some code for this.

2.Here there is no Hierachy.All the attributes are marked as a navigational attributes.So, Is there any question of drilling down on a particualar Attribute like organizational Unit,or Station or plant.

When we said all as navigational attributes we can make all the drill down and drill across operations on all of them corrrect??

>> yup , you are correct, in BEx you can use all these attribute for all operations like drill down etc.

hope it helps

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Vikas can u plz give small hint one for coding just small hint like where how and ie In Trnasfer Rules or in Update Rules.This is coming from Flat files.and One more thing I forgot to tell u that the X attribute is maintained when an another attribute A .Plz help me this is very urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mentioned "X" attibute is maintained with an another attribute "A". so can you refer A to pick up value of X from it.

then can try - start routine ( update rules / transfer rules) , I haven't worked on it & I am not sure whether you shall be able to pick up data from flat file, in case you are not able to pick up data from infoobject.

I also remember there is some thing like refer master data ( another infoobject) some where in transfer rules / update rules. see if that could help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Vikash here again... share your mail id, I shall mail you a doc on ABAP in BW ( advanced) It has all the possible ways. may be that can help.

regards

Vikash

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vasu,

say you have master data infoobject ziobjmst, you can try

- make ziobjmst 'as infoprovider', rsa1->infoprovider->insert characteristic as infoprovider

- create infosource with flexible update, e.g zisX put infoobject ziobjmst and X in transfer structure, assign with flat file datasource.

- create update rules for ziobjmst from rsa1->infoprovider, assign with infosource zisX, assign ziobjmst with ziobjmst and X with X, let other infoobjects as 'no update'.

- create infopackage and upload data.

another way as mentioned by Vikash with look up from table A (e.g infoobject is A), you can create start routine in transfer rules and put code

data : it_A like /bic/pA occurs 0 with header line.

• p is attribute table

select * from /bic/pA into table it_A.

then create routine for X in transfer rules, code

result = ''.

read table it_A with key /bic/A = tran_structure-/bic/A binary search.

if sy-subrc = 0.

result = it_A-/bic/X.

endif.

hope this helps.

Answers (0)