cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSCC (EAN128) number range assignment according to Plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SSCC (EAN128)number range of Handling Units.I have assigned the different number range object on the basis of plant and also assign the ILN number.

Now I an trying to pack 100 material(each 10 in one pallet) system is generating the 10 pallets.First nine is coming with the number range Object which I have assigned to Plant and the tenth one is coming according to the number range object which is assigned at client level.

If I select all the HU's and go to Extra - assign SSCC assignement,Then all the number comes as per plant.

I want to know why sustem is assigning tenth HU to client number range inspite of Plant basis.

The procees which I am doing is correct for assigning SSCC.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Based on your question. I think you can also look at the "number range interval for internal number assignment" based on PKG material type. i.e Define Number Assignment for Each Packaging Material Type where in you can assign number range at the creation of HU stage or number range interval stage or ext number range satge. Please look at these config you may get any idea for your problem.

May be when you are packing by yourself with a pkg mat type was not with SSCC generation number range. Please check.

thanks..

tkreddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply ..I have already done this config in the systemBut my actual problem is following...

Hi,

In our organization we are going to use EAN128 (SSCC number generation according to EAN128) bar code printing of HUu2019s as required by the customer. For that we have done the necessary configuration. We have assigned the ILN number as well as create the new number range object as required as per the different combination like Plant + storage location, Plant and client level.

While making the delivery and doing the packing process, system is picking the proper number range as we have defined according to Plant.

i.e 1000028845000000001X

Where 028845 u2013ILN number

And X is the check Digit.

But our requirement is to club the various deliveries into one shipment and then pack the material. But when we are adding the same delivery number into the shipment and try to pack into HUu2019s, system is not taking the proper number range as per plant what we have defined. It is always taking the number range as we have defined it against the client level only.

To determine the number range (SSCC) as per the sequence defined by SAP Like

1. Plant + storage Location.

2. Warehouse.

3. Plant.(We have defined against plant)

4. Client. (Defined)

We need to choose the menu option and go to Extra u2013 Assignment of SSCC number then the system is taking the proper number range.

Why system is working properly in shipping process (delivery- SSCC number assignment comes automatically plantwise) whereas it is not giving the expected results in Transportation process (During Shipment) with the same delivery number and we need to do one manual step to emulate the proper number range as per the plant assignment.

Please assist us to solve this problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks