Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI_Cont from SAINT??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How can I import BI_CONT from SAINT?

I have uploaded SAPKIBIIP1 to SAPKIBIIP9 through Load Packages---App server.It is showing in\EPS inbox,OCS Pakages already exists,upload not required.But when I am pressing continue it is displaying No INstallation Packages are available.Pls help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley,

The transaction saint is used to install or upgrade a base component like (BI_Content, PI_BASIS and so on)

To install the components you need to dowload the archives of the respective components from the SMP (Installation and upgrade)

Uncar the archives and load them in the inbox and then apload them through the menu Install packages>load packages>from application server and then proceed further.

You can include the support packs along with this add-on instalation or you can apply then seperately using the tcode SPAM.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Varadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the present BI_Cont version installed in your sytem?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please first let me know at what patch lebel you are and to what patch level you want to go.

If you dont have BI_CONT in your system then you need to get the Install patch of BI_CONT from service market place.Download it and uncar the patch in EPS/in and then upload from application server and apply through Saint.

If you have BI_CONT at some patch and you want to Upgrade the Version then you need to get the Upgrade version patch from market palce and apply htrough SAINT.like you are at version 620 and you want to goto Version 700 then use the upgrade patch and apply through SAINT.

If you only want to upgrade the patch level then use SPAM.like you are at Version 700 and patch level 3 and you want to goto version 700 and patch level 5 use SPAM.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashley Scott,

The packages what you are uploaded are the support pacthes of BI_CONT which you are trying to install from SAINT and this will not work as suport patches are to be installed from SPAM

As per my understanding you are trying to install BI_CONT addon and its patches. If it is correct then first you need to install the BI_CONT addon from SAINT which you need to download from SMP under Installation and Upgrades->SAP Netweaver-> SAP Netweaver 7.0-> Business content. Download the required one and first install it through SAINT and since you have already uplaoded the pacthes of BI_CONT in queue at the time of installation of Add-on BI_CONT it will ask whether you want to install patches also simultaneously. You can continue along with the installation of Addon or you can install them later through SPAM once BI_CONT addon is installed.

Hope clarfies

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath