cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC timedout error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an interface that XI picked the data from sender side and need to post into database, here at database side my client is having 5 diff plants so we designed a BPM in that based on plant num BPM deceides to send data to respected plant. out of 5 plants 4 plants data inserting is executing sucessfully, but for one plant its failing to insert data and getting timedout error irrespective of data volume ..i mean one day its sucessfully exectuing insertion for large volume but next day its failing to insert the less volume data compare to last days large volume....

waiting for ur valuable suggestions to overcome this jdbc timeedout error.

rgrds

sri

Edited by: sri_rambo on Jul 24, 2009 8:58 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

You can also try increasing the number of threads assigned to a queue. This will improve your processing time and will definitely be of help. Refer to the bog below:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13748] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

If still the issue persists then is a problem with server availability which can be restored by checking on the time trends of the failure.

Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

let me check out the blog. thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

i checked adapter thread queues setting in RWB adapter engine status they are allready set to 15

Guys any further light.

R'grds,

sri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you would like to increase the timeout, then refer to SAP Note 791379.

From visual admin check out xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default within the SAP XI Adapter: XI J2EE service

It might be possible that your database is processing the request very slowly and hence does to respond back in 3 minutes.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prathik,

Thanks for your prompt response allready we discussed with database team and extended maximum wait time but still it is failing and the error like we getting is com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.MessageExpiredException: Message (INBOUND) expired

and our database team incresed THE SHARED_POOL SIZE to maximum,DB team change the pga_aggregate_target maximum.

rgrds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe do a check with your network guys whether it's an issue with your LAN connection. A traceroute may through some light in here.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

its not a LAN problem because for other plants data is processing sucessfully.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since everything is set to maximum....check your BPM....check the time it is taking to process the data for this plant.....normally it may happen that your BPM itself is taking more than required time and hence you end with Message Expired exception.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

We checked the BPM processing times for all plants, didnt identified any major change in that processing times

Former Member
0 Kudos

But as you mentioned:

"... i mean one day its sucessfully exectuing insertion for large volume but next day its failing to insert the less volume data compare to last days large volume...."

So a nwtwork issue might not be unlikely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

i mentioned it for failures are happening iirespective of data volumes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any more ideas, sugestions i am still not rectified the problem

Michal, Shravya,Bhavesh,abhishek salvi ,Satish Reddy,Aamir Suhail guys any light on this

rgrds,

sri

Edited by: sri_rambo on Jul 27, 2009 8:39 AM

Edited by: sri_rambo on Jul 27, 2009 10:00 AM

Edited by: sri_rambo on Jul 27, 2009 2:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Kindly Refer for the following SAP Note 831162 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0 / PI 7.1 JDBC Adapter

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/831162 (Page No.12, Q.No.28)

For setting the Maximum Concurrencies & Pool Waiting Time;

This will be solved your issue immediately.

Regards

Venkat Rao .G