cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retrieve number generated thru mdm while syndication.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the number is generated when the record send to external system,but if needed to identify the same record in mdm after a later time how can we identify the record in mdm.

i mean is how to get the same number reflected to the record in MDM for further reference of the record.

Plz let me know ASAP,as i am now in need to implement that case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

While you are syndicating the records, the records will be sent to the outbound ready folder. In case you want it in MDM, you will have to move the outbound files into an Inbound ready folder ( using XI or something else) and then update the existing records in MDM. Create an extra field in MDM and map the incoming value (of the number generated while syndication) to that extra field.

This can be one way to achieve the requirement. Please try it out and check if it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,This may be possible.But let me explain my scenerio.

Here i have vendor number field,which is system generated from MDM while syndicating.So,once the records

are syndicated then MDM generates the number and posts the record to external system via outbound folder of MDM.

And also to note that my matching criteria for importing the Vendor is Vendor Number itself.

So in this case though the record is moved from Outbound to Inbound how can we match that the incoming record and the record is same .?

Plz help me out.This is our actual scenerio.

Immediate replies are given points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

I got your scenario. Unfortunately I do not think that there is a clear solution to this. That is the reason in our project also, we were generating the numbers from the portal using Java Api's. In MDM's case, numbers are generated but are directly syndicated. These are not present in the MDM system for reference. This is what I understand.

Now coming to your requirement, if you can take your Matching Field as some other field or else a combination, then only you can achieve your requirement using the workaround I have mentioned in my earlier post.

Doing that, you can get your record imported along with the vendor Number. I know this is not a clear solution but I am afraid I guess only this is possible considering all the constrainst and requirement.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shifali,

You must be generating the numbers via Keys. Once you have syndicate the file, import it again and map the number generated with some field. Now use this field for matching. Check the below steps

Steps:

1. Create one field to store the Vendor numbers

2. For newly created records, field Vendor Number would be blank.

3. Syndicate the records.

4. Import the syndicated file again and just map the field containing system generated numbers with the field Vendor Number and use this field for matching.

In order to move files from Outbound folder to Inbound folder automatically, you can use FTP or you can also create the Batch file and schedule it.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you have done all the settings in MDM Console for key Generation like Property Edit Key Mapping =Yes for main table etc. During Syndication once you syndicate records for say Target System EC3, you are getting MDM number generated. if this is right, In MDM Data Manager, you will see for your Main table records when you right click any of the record -->Go to Edit Key Mapping you will find here Remote System EC3 and same MDM Generated value out of MDM as Key for every record.

So in this case though the record is moved from Outbound to Inbound how can we match that the incoming record and the record is same .?

Once you again try to import Records into your maintable using MDM import Manager when select Remote System as EC3, here you have to map this Source MDM Generated Number with Target Remote Key field which will visible only if you have selected remote system as EC3 into MDM Import Manager and Property for that table is Edit Key Mapping = Yes into MDM Console.

After all field and Value Mapping, You have to select matching field as Remote key, you will see here in import action that it will give option of either update or replace records.

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini