cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client copy & open Requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Friends,

We have dev.Client 750 on which request are generated,also we use it from 2008(No updation was there since 2008 ).All develpoment work is going on that & request were transfer time to time as per the requirement.Here users ID are different.

We have 750 Production client which we are use for daily tranactions.Here users ID are different.

Last week we do client copy as from Prodction 750 to dev 750.

one mistake we do that we forget about open requests present in Dev.750

Now the request which are pending for Transfer are shown in SE10 for that perticular User ID in Updated (copied )750 Dev,But that user ID is no more available in system as it updated by 750 Production client.Now the user ID are same as that of Production Client.

Now I want help on How can I get that configuration Back in Dev.750 client.with the referance of Available request number?

Is it possible or I required to work on configuration again?

Please please reply.

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

No need to change the owner of the requests, any user can release the requests from the DEV client if they have the sufficient authorisation to release the requests.

In case if you still need the users back in DEV client, one way is to create them and the other way is to restore and recover from the backup and then do a client export with the profile SAP_User in ur DEV client and then copy the PRD client into the DEV client and as the final step import the exported user master record into the DEV client which will overwrite the user master record of the DEV client (copied from the PRD client).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varadhu,

Thanks for reply.

But my case is as below-:

"Last week we do client copy as from Prodction 750 to dev 750.

Now the request which are pending for Transfer are shown in SE10 for that perticular User ID in Updated (copied )750 Dev,But that user ID is no more available in system as it updated by 750 Production client.Now the user ID are same as that of Production Client.

Now I want help on How can I get that configuration Back in Dev.750 client.with the referance of Available request number?

Is it possible or I required to work on configuration again?"

Reply.

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra

As you have stated that you have overwrite 750.DEV client by the 750.PRD client, but you did not mentioned about the selected profile. anyhow, your client customization and configuration has been overwritten during the client copy. Therefore, only one possibility exist to restore the last backup.

You can restore the last sucessfull backup on DEV server which will restore your system on that stage!

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP NetWeaver Basis

Varadhu,

Thanks for reply.

But my case is as below-:

"Last week we do client copy as from Prodction 750 to dev 750.

Is it possible or I required to work on configuration again?"

Reply.

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can copy that request in to another requestand the try to change the things.

If this doesnot work you need to get the system restored from backup.

Please try to change the owner of that request and change it.But if the request is not release and client dependent it would have been goon during the client copy.So in that case you shall have to get it back again done by developer.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi ,

Thanks for reply.

Right now all that request are under Modifiable mode.

How the system will react if i change the owner of that request ?

"So in that case you shall have to get it back again done by developer."What you want to suggest?

Please Reply.

chandra