cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Rx Adapter... 401 Unauthorized.. Content Type: Text/HTML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get 401 unauthorized error while trying to invoke Webservice using Receiver SOAP Adapter..

I know this error is b'cos Content-type = text/html instead of text/xml... So i used the MessageTransform bean with the required parameters... I even downloaded SOAP sniffer tool (suggested by Stefan grube & the log even says content type as text/html).. But still i keep getting text/html error...

I don't have any problem invoking from my PI Server using SOAP testing tool.. I don't have a proxy between PI & Webservice as they are in the same network. I am able to reach the webservice but is failing b'cos of 'text/html'

I am on PI7.1. Find the screenshots of the error in the below location...

http://picasaweb.google.com/siva.maranani/SOAP_RxAdapter#5361872782883678738

http://picasaweb.google.com/siva.maranani/SOAP_RxAdapter#5361872786622656386

-Siva Maranani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Content Type error can always not be solved by using the module

Check the error code associated with it...for you it is 401 unauthorized

So confirm that you are hitting the correct SOAP target (URL)...with the required method (Action).....with the required User-id and password......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to use connect to Webservice using SOAP test tool ( on PI server) using the username/password. When i tested it it was sucess (I analyzed Header params- Content-type - text/xml). When i changed it to text/html, it throws an error... (not exactly 401 unauthorized.. but a different one)

Even after i had the module, i am still not sure why it still compalins about Content-Type Text/HTML??

-Siva Maranani

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
When i changed it to text/html, it throws an error... 

do you mean to say you forced TEXT/HTML as the Content-Type using the module and now you are getting the error?

If yes then please note that SOAP adapter expects the Content Type to be text/xml....other values are bound to give an error....as per my knowledge....

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I was able to use connect to Webservice using SOAP test tool ( on PI server) using the username/password. When i tested it it was sucess (I analyzed Header params- Content-type - text/xml). When i changed it to text/html, it throws an error... (not exactly 401 unauthorized.. but a different one)

>

> Even after i had the module, i am still not sure why it still compalins about Content-Type Text/HTML??

>

> -Siva Maranani

it seems odd that you have the 401 error throwing up.

one suggestion, if your network has a proxy, have you given the particulars in the adapter?

ref:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

Former Member
0 Kudos

It has nothing to do with context-type: text/html. When the Service was made "Anonymous", we were able to invoke the WS.

It was then we realized that the Authentication is NTLM & is not supported by XI-SOAP Adapter.

We need SOAP Adapter in AXIS mode.. The below link states NTLM is supported when SOAP Adapter(in AXIS mode) is configured

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/02/6d5c034c182e4fbe7bfd25c2b56f9b/frameset.htm

Below SAP Notes are FAQ on XI Axis Adapter & how to install them on PI.

SAP Note: 1039369 FAQ XI Axis Adapter

SAP Note: 1028961 describes How to prepare axisproviderlib.sda for Adapter Framework

-Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Even I am experiencing a similar issue. I am seeing the "invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Access denied" error on receiver soap adapter. Also while trying to call the web service using SoapUI, I see that it asks for NT credentials.

Kindly confirm if by making the web service anonymous( i.e. no user id and pwd), you were able to successfully call the web service from PI by just using SOAP adapter ( Transport Protocol - HTTP ).

Thank you.

Radhika.