Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically adding Web Dynpro components

krasimir_nedkov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a central Web Dynpro application, which must detect and include all deployed Web Dynpro components that implement a specific interface. In other words, I want to create something like a portal apllication, which dynamically embeds its plugins and deals with them in a uniform way. What is the way to do that? How do I specify the interface, which is implemented by the plugins?

Any directions on the subject will be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Krasimir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krasimir,

this is possible, but answering it here in the forum will be a little bit "oversized" and not easy to read. I'm currently preparing a Weblog entry which covers this topic.

The steps you have to do include roughly:

1. Define a standalone Component Interface (SCI) which defines the requested properties of the plugins.

2. Let the plugin components implement this interface.

3. Create the component, which searches for the component(s), which implement this SCI in the Web Dynpro container and create/destroy them dynamically.

Stay tuned, the blog entry should be finished tomorrow.

Regards

Stefan

krasimir_nedkov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

that's great! I'm looking forward to the new entry. Please, post a note here when it is ready.

Best regards

Krasimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krasimir,

i didn't forget you, finishing the blog entry will take 1-2 days longer than i expected. As you already said, i'll post a note here, when it's online.

Best regards

Stefan