Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

absoluteRowWidth doesnt work

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi folks.

im using FCC for my scenario and i facing a problem using this propertie.

my FCC is same as this post :

but the difference in my case refers to fieldFixedLengths.

let see this example

Lines.addHeaderLine 0

Lines.fieldFixedLengths 13,20,9,1,1,1,10,0,0

Lines.endSeparator '0'

Lines.absoluteRowWidth 55

the result i've gotten is a flat flie and all the date in one line. so the absoluteRowWidth is not working

the two zeros at the en refers to two fields that data i dont need in my file.

thats is the only thing i see different from the previous post.

does anyone have any idea why is it happend?

As i receive the outbound message from and IDoc, Dynamic Configuration is not possible,

Thanks

RP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I dont understand what you are trying to do. You have given fixed length for the file and the end separator as '0'. So you will have your file in one line with the separator as 0. Now here you have also given Lines.absoluteRowWidth 55 which means your file should have a fixed length 55 in each line.

What it might be doing is since the fieldFixedLengths is first in the conversion it is using that and when it comes to absoluteRowWidth it dont find the necessary values in the file so it is skipping.

Can you try only with absoluteRowWidth and addHeaderLine parameters.

Onething I dont understand here is why you are using both absoluteRowWidth and fieldFixedLengths. They are doing same functionality in your case.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

> the two zeros at the en refers to two fields that data i dont need in my file.

If you dont want then please dont send this field values in the payload. In mapping do a right click on this fields and disable and give a try. Probably they might be having some values and when trying to print you defined lenght as zero. just diable and give a try.

Regards,

---Satish

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Satish.

I dont need those values in my file, but i need them because in those field i have path and name of the file to define in variable substitution.

anyway, i erase the parameters of variable substitution and disabled those fields. the process finish success but the problem was not solved. all date is saved in one line.

Thanks

RP

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My structure is.

- <ns0:mt_PricingMasterFile xmlns:ns0="http://spsa.com/POS/MasterPricing">

- <Lines>

<BarradelProducto>7750243005791</BarradelProducto>

<DescripcionDelTicketyBalanza>PRIMOR ACEITE CLASIC</DescripcionDelTicketyBalanza>

<Departamento>0002</Departamento>

</Lines>

- <Lines>

<DescripcionDelTicketyBalanza>PRIMOR ACEITE CLASIC</DescripcionDelTicketyBalanza>

</Lines>

</ns0:mt_PricingMasterFile>

My FCC is

Recordset Structure: Lines

Lines.addHeaderLine 0

Lines.fieldFixedLengths 13,20,4

Lines.endSeparator '0'

Lines.absoluteRowWidth 37

the result file is:

7750243005791PRIMOR ACEITE CLASIC00027750243005791PRIMOR ACEITE CLASIC0002

and I need. I must use absoluteRowWidth because i need to discard the black line at the end of file that create by default if dont define this properties.

7750243005791PRIMOR ACEITE CLASIC0002

7750243005791PRIMOR ACEITE CLASIC0002

Thaks a lot.

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

I think you are trying to do variable substitution and write a fixed lenght file. Please check this blog:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12

Also if you are getting a blank line at the end can you try my suggestion in this thread:

Regards,

---Satish

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your help.

i 've seen Sravya's blogs and that my first solution using FCC and variable substitution and doesnt work.

as i can see using xml.endSeparator or xml.absoluteRowWidth a blank line is created no matter if there is more data or no to conver from xml.

i Mean if my structure is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <Lines>

</Lines>

the result file is all data in one line and a blank line.

if i have the next structure

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <Lines>

</Lines>

- <Lines>

</Lines>

the result is one two lines and a blank line.

So as i can see using xml.endSeparator or xml.absoluteRowWidth a blank line is created no matter if there is more data or no to conver from xml. ussing the FCC defined in my previous post

is there anyway to say the system: create a new line only if the next line is not EOF

Thanks

PD: you are right i dont need fieldFixedLengths.

RP

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jul 24, 2009 4:44 PM