cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get table data from another System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frnds,

We are going to migrate one SAP system to another system,so in that i have to pass data from old SAP(4.6) to new ECC 5.0.

So what is the convenient way to get table data from old system to new system.

Actually i want to use old systems's data in one of my report and then through that report i trnasfered into new system.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For that you can user ALE-IDOc for transfer the data between two R/3 System. For ALE IDOc create your own posting program to send the IDOc and from Receiver side to import the IDOc create your own import function module so that you have your control to collect the data in to the IDOc and sending it into the another system.

This will help you out.

Regards,

Hiren Patel

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member186078
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

I suppose that you want to get the data of a database table which is present in an old system and want to use that in your new system. If that is the scenario, then you can go for the following method:

1. Create an R/3 RFC destination in SM59 for the Old system.

2. Then, use the function module RFC_READ_TABLE. The parameters that you need to pass here is:

QUERY_TABLE: Data of which table you want to get

RFC target sys( which is present at the top of the Import parameters 😞 RFC destination you have created in SM59.

The advantage of this function module is, you will get all the fields of the required database table also into one of the table parameter of the function module.

I think this will solve your problem.

Note: Please mark points for the useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank

Don't forget to write your RFC destination name in capital letters:

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PO_GET_DETAIL' destination 'ABC'

where ABC is your RFC destination

Cheers

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

GOOD

WHILE MIGRATING THE TO ANOTHER SYSTEM YOU CAN USE THE LSMW OR IDOCS TO PASS THE DATA FROM ONE SYYSTEM TO ANOTHER SYSTEM.

THANKS

MRUTYUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !

Actually we want to migrate PO from one system to another..

So i think that if i use BAPI_PO_DISPLAY in my report and read old systems po and then i will modify as per my requirement and use BAPI_PO_CREATE1 to transfer it into this system.

So if this way is correst then how to use bapi for display in my report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have get the details of the PO using BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL and then use BAPI_PO_CREATE1 to create the PO.

Pass the PO numbers / get all the PO numbers from EKKO table and call the function BAPI_PO_GETDETAIL destination old system and then pass the details fetched to BAPI_PO_CREATE1, here you don't specify the destination.

I am assuming that are writing this report in the new system.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravikumar,

I want such type of answer. Actually i have used Bapi for po creation for same system.

But never for another R/3 system so kindly guide me whole senario so its helpful to me.

actually in destination what i should use to write..

Thanx again for your valuable help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priyank,

1. SM59

2. the destination has to be FIRST SET

using sm59 tcode

via the basis people.

3. This will create a R/3 connection to

the specified server.

4. Then u can use that destination name

in your bapi.

regards,

amit m.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should maintain a RFC destination in your NEW system which will point to your OLD system and this can be done in SM59 transaction, usually done by the BASIS team.

So, when you do a call function

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_PO_GET_DETAIL' destination 'old_system'

expoting ........

This is what you will have to do.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its custom table, you can simply write a RFC to read the table data from the old system and update in the new system. If you are talking about standard data, I suggest going by the standard conversion exercise, where you migrate data at business object level meaning, you will migrate materail master, customers, vendor, then transactional data of orders etc etc.

Regards,

Ravi

NOte : Please mark the helpful answers