cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

describe requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have exhausted my searching for a solution...hope you can give me some ideas.

We have two ways one can order--catalog or non-catalog.When i say non-catalog,i mean, we use the describe requirement link and then the buyer completes the transaction and sends the PO to the vendor.

Now there may be caseswhere some users may use the 'describe requirement' link for an item available in the catalog.Meaning,they would create the shopping cart (using describe requirement)but we want the buyer to know that it is infact a shopping cart referring to the catalog.We dont wish to burden the buyer to check the catalog or anything.

How can this be achieved?

Questions:

--Is there a table which has only vendors available in the catalogs?We can use a BADI to check the table and confirm.

--Can we show/hide 'internal text on some logic(if vendor in table, show text or do not).How?

I know its a tall orde...but all ideas...will be appreciated n awarded.

thnx

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about using item level customer field and CHECK BADI ?

Requester should flag X for "I searched the catalog and could not find item" = X.

If user does not flag it, user can not order the SC.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

Thanks for the response.But my question simply put is: is there anyway ...say a table which has information on products/vendors that are maintained in catalog.If there is,then we can use the check_badi and try to work something out.

I have to agree,though,that having a checkbox is a valid suggestion too.

Thnx

Jack

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your catalog ? SRM-MDM Catalog or CCM?

You can call MDM API to search items from Check BADI.

Regards,

Masa