cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Old CVCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When we create CVCs daily from the history cube in batch jobs, it adds up the number daily. so after every month, we dont find some CVCs never repeating. Say if it creates 100 CVCs in July 2007, we wont find 50 or 60 from that 100 in Aug 2007. So they drop. Means those transactions start fading or never occurring. Though we can do the life cycle later, but when we cross over the time bkt profile period after the 3 yrs period, we still have those 'unnecessary' CVCs in the system. It effects the performance when we are loading the PB.

So Is there any better method to find the CVCs with no history & Forecast in PB to delete them ? I am finding difficult as my CVC has 10 chars. So a macro can color the product or location or customer, but how do i list them, and delete later ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gabor_lovaszi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Assuming you backup your planning area into and infocube more or less regularly, why don't you just create a bex query on your backup infocube that contains all key figures and a summary for them per combination.

Then you can make an Excel filter on the rows without numbers and there goes your deletion list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gabor,

This gives me a very good headstart. Though I am not sure if this can filter all the CVCs from the history.

Ex: Now our LC is initialised only from 2008. But in the past, say 2007 was also initialised (due to roll over). Now there will not be any data for 2007. Now if i do backup, will It extract all those CVCs associated with 2007 data ? so that I can list out those CVCs ?

or just those in the initialised period CVCs ? This is just my doubt.

Thanks A lot !!

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vankat,

If you can create a Remote cube for your planning area then you can put filter for "0" for history & forecast. Remote cube always read the data directly from live cache.

Regards

Sujay

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

So no backup and daily upload. It is good to have a backup of planning area for at least minimum period for past analysis.

Then I think this will the be last option.

1. Have a back up of current planning area data into a cube. From the cube you can get the current CVCs.

2. Download all the CVC from the MC62.

3. Now make a lookup between the backup Cube CVC and MC62 CVCs.

4. Which are the CVCs are missing is obsolete.

This can be deleted. Hope it works.

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

This is exactly what i was thinking to do. This weekend, i do the backup and then i have to compare them.

Thanks for your help.

Venkat

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I believe the APO cube used for CVC generation having all the data (Ex.2007 and 2008). If so, you can do like,

1. Download CVC combinations of 2007 from the cube.

2. Download CVC combinations of 2008 which having qty greater than 0 from the cube.

3. concatenate the 2007 CVC combinations as value.

4. concatenate the 2008 CVC combinations as value.

5. Check in the 2007 value in 2008 CVC concatenation value range.

Which are all not in 2008 are obsolete CVCs that you actually searching...

Hope this help.

Regards,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujay, Saravanan & Gabor,

I tried to backup the PA data. It only backed up the data from the LC initialisation start date. But not before that date. So I want to identify the CVCs which were created before the LC initialisation date. My problem will be solved if i get the data into any cube (Basic cube or remote cube). (hope you agree with me that every month there will be some CVCs will be left behind as the LC initialisation period rolls over. Though those periods will disappear, the CVCs will remain in the system. I want to get rid of these).

The contents of souce cube, which is used to generate CVCs, is daily deleted, as we load only the delta data/ CVCs. So only way is to backup. but in the backup, I cant list out those CVCs which fall out of Initialisation period.

Hope I am clear.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for your reply.

To my badluck, never worked on BADIs. It is becoming too much manual job to find in interactive PB, for no history and forecast.

My problem is listing all CVCs then i can delete them in MC62.

In interactive PB, if i drilldown by materials, i can find some only, but i will be missing many CVCs based on other chars which have 0. So i want to find out all CVCs (in detailed level) and delete them.

What this BADI does ?

or Can i apply any note to get that feature of finding obsolete CVCs ?

thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I checked SAP notes and found that this deletion of obsolte char combinations will

work only in SCM 5.1.

I suggest try the below BADI and check whether you can able to meet your

requirement

/SAPAPO/SDP_MASTER

Enhance characteristic value combinations

Name of bus. add-in class:- /SAPAPO/CL_EX_SDP_MASTER

Till such time, you check this BADI, you can use interactive planning book

or BW to get a download of all CVC's with history and forecast data

and get a filter where no planning data and forecast and delete using

transaction mc62

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valavan, Senthil,

Thanks for your response. But its not clear to me really, how does LSMW help in this ? Can you pls give me the steps in more detail ? Yes, I will have to show the list to my business for approval to delete. Infact, they asked me to find a way to find them and delete. as it becomes difficult for them to find manually out of thousands.

Senthil, your solutions looks very simple. But I never saw that option. I am on SCM 5.0. In MC62, I see only 4 boxes. Maintain CVCs, delete CVC, overview of CVC, Log. Under delete CVC, I have only 2 options, either delete from a list or delete in all. So where can i find this option delete obsolete combinations ? and list combination without planning data. This seems to be the solution of my problem. Can you pls help me in finding this option.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

To add to valavan, under /sapapo/mc62 transaction, if you click on delete obsolte

combinations, it asks for 3 options, among which select "List combinations without

planning data" which contains the details of CVCs without any planning

parameters which you can review it and delete it.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

b_valavan
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Hope the business you support will be sure of the Obsolete CVC. Based on the list hope we can create a LSMW to delete it.

Regards

BVN