cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Generate Cycle Counting document via LX26 for Bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to generate another Cycle Counting document via LX26 for bin that was counted recently on 7/14/2009. The 2 bins were previously counted on 7/14/2009 and 7/16/2009 and cleared in WM and posted in IM. The bins shows it was cleared, but there is a yellow triangle on the Storage bin tab when I click on it says " inventory is planned". My user wants to generate another Inv document via LX26 Cycle Counting for the same bins again. The bins are set up as ST Annual Inventory. I check LQUA table the bins are not blocked. Does anyone know why we can't generate another count via LX26. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shirley,

Some thoughts:

1. Cycle count can be set for:

- materials (material master > General Plant Data / Storage 1 view; MM02)

- storage type (SPRO > LE > WM > Activities > PI > Define Types per Storage Type)

Both settings have to be carry out to be able to do cycle count.

I assume you also set "ST" in V_T331_C-KZINV.

2. Trx LX22 can be used to list inventory documents.

3. Existenc of inentory document doesn't mean that its blocks the bin. If it is not activated it doesn't blocks the bin.

4. If your material has cycle count indicator "D" (~1 PI per year), you can make inventory more then once a year. SAP just won suggest the material in LX26 within the predefined time interval but you can make PI document in LI01N for it.

So, I guess you have one not activated inventory document for the mentioned storage bin in your system...please check it with the mentioned report (LX22) - if you don't need it you can delete it in LI02N.

Please try, maybe it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying. I checked SPRO as suggested below. We have inventory set up as ST - annual with Cycle Counting checked as well. I also tried to generate a Inv doc using L101N for the bin, I received message " Storage bin X already proposed for inventory" and inv doc was posted & cleared on 7/14. I could not generate an Inv Doc. Checked LX22 the bin confirmed there was an inventory doc posted and cleared on 7/14/2009. Regards,

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shirley,

The error message you get in LI01N seems to confirm what I told you: an open (not activated) inventory document may exists for the bin...

In LX22 you can use choose checkbox "non activated" and run the report, check the inventory sheets you get as a result of the report run (I'm not speaking your "old" inventory document that has been cleared already - if it is really cleared there's nothing to do with it).

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

Answers (0)