cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating PI Integration Repository Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have recently Applied SP 18 packs. After this we got problems with Outbound file adapters. We had our Integartion repository content for SAP BAsis component on SP14. We upgraded it to SP18. (only SAP Basis component)

After this we started seeing an RFC adapter conflict in Repositoy screen

I am afraid whether this will cause any in consistancies? this is on PI7.0

Edited by: Sree on Jul 23, 2009 7:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently did the exact same thing as you guys have done,luckily we dont see any RFC version conflict:)

I doubt if the RFC error is due to XI Content upgrade.

You can check adapter metadata in SAP basis to make sure that they are same before and after the support upgrade.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Do i need to activate the latest vesrion which has come with SAP Basis latest version?

To the best of my knowledge, we just need to import the design time objects through Integration repository. We dont need to activate. if i am wrong pls correct me

Former Member
0 Kudos

No,you dont need to activate the content after import.

I can tell you the methodology we followed( recommended by SAP):

-->Upgrade SAP Basis in SLD by importing XI contents via CIM (Basis work)

-->Upgrade XI Contents in IR by importing it via Tools->Import design objects(this will be a .TPZ file).

Did a thorough testing of interfaces to make sure upgrade of support pack or XI contents didn't break anything.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please explain me the first step you listed?

The below link does not state this step

Importing Process Integration Content"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/5755451622311ee10000000a155369/content.htm

please explain why we need to update CIM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

If you dont update SLD via CIM,then IR and SLD would be out of sync.

The support pack of XI Contents and SAP standard SWCV in IR will be different in SLD and IR which may cause issues.

We were having issues with SAP SRM Contents in IR and was asked by SAP to upgrade CIM as well (in addition to SRM Content upgrade in IR)

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

so...is there any way to revert back the repository content we have updated?

if i want to go back from sp18 to sp17, can this be done. if so, how?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

After the further invetsigation, we found that the problem is ' Version Conflicts'. This conflict is coming for RFC Metadata component

Can anyone advice pleasE?

Answers (0)