Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what is OSS note. I saw in many postings. In solution you gave

Solution

Implement Note 385297. Note that it is a note of software component SAP_BASIS.

what is this. What is note 385297.

I am very new to this forum. Can you please tell me.

sarita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarita,

OSS note is a document provided by SAP which generally discusses about a particulat issue. It mentions the symptom, cause and correction.

You should have an OSS ID to access

https://service.sap.com/notes

Please go through this thread

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarita,

Please check OSS note 385790 and see if it helps.

Regards,

Praveen

Symptom

During the update of SD transaction data in BW InfoCubes or ODS objects the system displays message SDBW 005 on the monitor "Error conversion foreign curr. -> local curr.: & & & -> &".

Additional key words

0SD_C03, 0SD_C05, 0SD_C10, 2LIS_11_VAITM, 2LIS_11_V_ITM, 2LIS_13_VDITM, S260, S262, S263, S264

Cause and prerequisites

If the function module CONVERT_TO_STAT_CURRENCY is called for the conversion from document currency to statistics currency in the update rule, then this function module among other things calls function module CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY. Under certain conditions, no exchange rate is determined in function module CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY due to a program error although the Customizing is complete and consistent as regards currency translation.

Solution

Implement Note 385297. Note that it is a note of software component SAP_BASIS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I didn't create any infosource .... in bw. I just maintained extract structure . Activated. Deleted setup tables for SD. Then filled Set up tables. In this case i am getting error.

I am not understanding how to proceed to solution u gave.

can you please explain me clearly.Thanks.

sarita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarita,

In the note 385297, the corrections to be carried out in some objects is mentioned. You need to hav OSS ID to access this note.

Ask BASIS people in your project to check for relevance of this note, as it is a note of software component SAP_BASIS. If it is relevant, ask them to implement the corrections mentioned in it. They must be having OSS ID.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Assign points if you find the information helpful.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for ur help. can u please tell me how to assign points.

I got a project on BW. So i took connection and practicing. I think there is some problem with their SW. As this is my first project i am very much scared. Hope this forum helps me.Thanks.

Regards,

sunita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarita,

You will find radio buttons beside the answer. You need to select one depending upon how helpful you think the answer is.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

i assigned the points.