Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending Gl master idocs GLMAST from one system to another . In the other system i have assigned a Z process code, in the Z process code FM , i am calling the standard GLMAST FM and sending back the status of this Idoc back to the sending system.

My problem is that when i send the idocs to the other system , the idoc fails giving the message 'Function module not allowed' , please advice y this is hapenning , when i tried to repost the same idoc through WE19 , i am able to run the idoc successfully through the Z FM and post the data , but when the idocs are recieved by the system , it fails . Please help.

Kunal

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to BD51, and insert an entry with the Z-FM name as inbound.

0 Kudos

The entry is already present in bd51

0 Kudos

I guess then problem is in the function module interface. Compare it with any of the standard idoc inbound posting FMs e.g. IDOC_INPUT_*

It's not either RFC-enabled or some parameter/table is incorrectly defined.

0 Kudos

The problem is not with the interface as i am using the same process code for other master data types like workcenters , asset master etc.. and the idocs there no not fail . I think the problem is to do with the assigning of the process code with the business object , if anyone knows please help.

Yes , the FM which gets called inside is IDOC_INPUT_GLMAST

0 Kudos

Did you miss the WE57 by any chance where we assign the FM to the idoc and message type?

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

<i>I think the problem is to do with the assigning of the process code with the business object</i>

i think even i am feeling the same....

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Try to check the function module direction given in WE52 or WE57. ( i din't remember the tcode. Have you given the direction as 2 or 1). 2 is for Inbound.

shylesh

0 Kudos

Kunal,

Please award points if it solved your problem and close the thread.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the FM direction in WE57 , and for all business objects it shows 2 , which is inbound , so this is not the problem.

Kunal

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using the FM <b>IDOC_INPUT_GLMAST</b> or some thing else.

Regards

vijay

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Please check this links on how to setup inbound processing.

Perhaps you missed an important step.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/dc/6b835943d711d1893e0000e8323c4f/content.htm

http://www.sapgenie.com/sapgenie/docs/ale_scenario_development_procedure.doc

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto