cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add fields to COPA datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one please let me know how to add additional fields to COPA generated datasource.i need to add Foreign currency key,date,time when the docmnt is created,to my generated datasource.

Thanks,

Vaka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

Thanks for the reply..i already gone thru all the docmnts.but its been written that some how copa enhancement is not possible with SAP BW tools.but no where its mentioned How to add new fields to our generarated COPA datasource.

If you can let me know whether we can enhance COPA datasource or not.if we can then please let me know the steps which i need to follow.

Thanks,

Vaka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you posted the question . Did you get any answer ?

I am also interested to add quantity fields in COPA

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can enhance COPA Data Source.

1)Go to RSA6 and find the data source you need to enhance.--> Display

2)Double click on the Extract structure.

3)Now click on the append structure button to add the required field on to the existing structure.

4) add your required fileds with ZZ appended to your field.

5) Save & Activate the append structure. Then go back and make sure you activate the extract structure also.

6) Now again go back to RSA6 and select your Data Source. But this time go to change Data Source to remove the hide option to the enhanced fields. By default they’ll be in hide mode. If you don’t remove the hide field then this field will not be seen in BW side.

7) Now go to SE38 to write the logic to populate the data into the enhanced field. Program name to write the logic is ZXRSAU01.

😎 Check + Save + Activate.

9) Check in RSA3 if data is populated as per your requirement.

10) Replicate your Data Source.

11) Now go to Data Source/ Trans. Structure screen. Now you can see the enhanced field on the right hand side.

Good Luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vaka,

Typically you delete and recreate the COPA datasource. (Don't forget to replicate it to BW and map any changes in the infosource to your InfoProviders)

Is the field you are adding a key figure or a characteristic?

Let me know,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can delete the datasource and recreate the datasource with the same technical name with the additional field..

assign points if it helps